By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2013 (Jan 07 - Jan 13)

NintendoPie said:
think-man said:

Old survey from Aug 2011. http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/08/10/survey-japanese-gamers-more-interested-in-ps-vita-than-in-wii-u/  It's just funny how the sales are low for both systems and pretty much 50% of those surveyed weren't gunna buy one.

Many things have changed since then. Wii U being released, for one.

A newer survey would be interesting.

The Vita also wasn't out at that stage. But yeah Its so old it dont mean anything, I just remember seeing it ages ago and thought of it when I saw the low sales.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
smbu2000 said:
NintendoPie said:
The 3DS is so close to making 100'000! (Did I do my math right?)

Wii U just needs to build up it's library. Come on, you can do it Nintendo! Announce things early!

Famitsu has the 3DS at 105,112 sold, so it was over 100k there!

We can all thank Media Create's numbers for making me look stupid, then.

Well the OP usually posts both sets of numbers, so it's understandable that you overlooked it.

Train Wreck posted both lists earlier:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5034908

Train wreck said:
Famitsu Sales: Week 2, 2013 (Jan 07 - Jan 13)

HARDWARE
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year | YTD | Last YTD | LTD |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 3DS # | 105.112 | 305.690 | 101.697 | 410.802 | 562.679 | 10.173.304 |
| WIU | 21.489 | 70.662 | | 92.151 | | 730.490 |
| PS3 | 21.445 | 64.834 | 31.059 | 86.279 | 164.516 | 8.830.612 |
| PSP # | 18.084 | 53.154 | 23.942 | 71.238 | 150.879 | 19.250.338 |
| PSV | 10.131 | 31.082 | 15.737 | 41.213 | 95.950 | 1.118.372 |
| WII | 2.092 | 5.414 | 14.216 | 7.506 | 93.131 | 12.668.248 |
| 360 | 578 | 1.266 | 1.247 | 1.844 | 5.468 | 1.589.855 |
| ALL | 178.931 | 533.395 | 189.493 | 712.326 | 1.080.957 | 109.206.993 |
| 3DS | 105.112 | 133.740 | 101.697 | 238.852 | 562.679 | 7.974.846 |

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

CGI-Quality said:

Am I the only one that expects the WiiU to completely bounce back and sell at least 75 million in its lifetime? I think some of these predictions will prove very premature.

Wow, that's a nice prediction, CGI. Quite high too. 75 Million doesn't seem plausible right now but I have no doubt that Nintendo can get the ball rolling.

CGI-Quality said:

Am I the only one that expects the WiiU to completely bounce back and sell at least 75 million in its lifetime? I think some of these predictions will prove very premature.

If they take the necessary mesures like a better price entry and a better stream of games it can be done.

CGI-Quality said:
NintendoPie said:
CGI-Quality said:

Wow, that's a nice prediction, CGI. Quite high too. 75 Million doesn't seem plausible right now but I have no doubt that Nintendo can get the ball rolling.

I feel for the WiiU, because it had more doom than I've seen any other device receive, pre-launch. Now after release, it's only second to the Vita, and in some cases, gets more d & g than the Vita. At this point, I expect the end result to bring a smile to Nintendo's faces. 2013 and 2014 are going to be good to the WiiU, I'm willing to bet on it.

I can see the Wii U performing quite well, like you. Nintendo just needs to keep up support for the console and possibly make a tie with it and the 3DS? That could boost sales slightly.

Nintendo must get 3rd parties on board, though. The 3DS (in Japan) is a pretty good example of how well the Wii U could perform. In Japan the 3DS seems to get new games every day, but that doesn't transfer over to other territories, which is why I think Nintendo had become a little less popular. 

Around the Network
Galaki said:
It takes the WiiU sales to get people to finally admit that PSV is doomed?

It's not, and people have been saying Vita sales are bad for a long time now.(even Sony fans)

We are witnessing the Wii U going down the same path, people are noticing the patterns much faster now.

Euphoria14 said:
benao87 said:
The thing is that the WiiU is such an amazing device, with so much potential. It deserves to have better sales.

Sounds like the same thing many Vita owners say.

Owners of these devices love them, but the general public couldn't care less.

They did? I never read such statements.  

(Probably I just should've posted a smiley at the end of my first post)

I don't see much changing, and I don't think the Marios/Smash Bros./etc. will do much either.

The DS had a rough post-launch but started to get going within about 7-8 months with Nintendogs and then Brain Training coming in Japan.

The 3DS had a poor launch, but had Monster Hunter exclusivity (the biggest third party handheld series) announced and MH3G soon after.

Where's the Wii U equivalent? I get the feeling Nintendo thought Mario + Black Ops 2 + Nintendo Land would carry them into the spring.

Soundwave said:
I don't see much changing, and I don't think the Marios/Smash Bros./etc. will do much either.

The DS had a rough post-launch but started to get going within about 7-8 months with Nintendogs and then Brain Training coming in Japan.

The 3DS had a poor launch, but had Monster Hunter exclusivity (the biggest third party handheld series) announced and MH3G soon after.

Where's the Wii U equivalent? I get the feeling Nintendo thought Mario + Black Ops 2 + Nintendo Land would carry them into the spring.

Why don't you think Smash Bros would do anything? Really, any big-ish Nintendo title would help the Wii U right now.

hatmoza said:
Galaki said:
It takes the WiiU sales to get people to finally admit that PSV is doomed?

No need for the tongue-in-cheek remarks about Sony and its fans anymore, Galaki. You are now both brothers in doom. Embrace your brothers.

lol...