By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Trailer: 7 Minutes!

kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
monologue is cheesy. I don't get it, its like he is a mass murderer and he likes it.
I'll keep an eye on it

Posts complaint about cheesy Metal Gear game.

Sig contains Final Fantasy trailer full of cheese.

lol, no offence intended. I love cheesy stuff. I say to my pretentios film fan friends that I like my movies with extra cheese, all the time. But I couldn't resist pointing out that your complaint about MGR when the entire Metal Gear serious is one of the cheesiest series of all time and Final Fantasy, which you like well enough to post in your sig, is as well.

post a subtle complaint about my complaint...

The Bold part, your opinion, and I don't agree with it.

Don't derail a Metal Gear thread by bait switching with Final Fantasy. It is irrelevant

Hey, don't get mad. I love Metal Gear and Final Fantasy. Probabley because I like b-movie style cheese and camp.

Do you really think Metal Gear isn't cheesey? It's a series with a villain that meows to call for backup and long Rambo style monologues about the meaning of war. It revels in it's cheese. Final Fantasy doens't seem to be aware of it's own cheese, but it lays it on pretty thick. Like I said I like it that way, but i'd be surprised if you really don't think Metal Gear and Final Fantasy are cheese free.

Pretty much every videogame is cheesy and 99% mainstream movies/tv is cheesy. Though there's different levels, and styles. I mean you can say lord of the rings/blade runner is cheesy by appling the same criteria, but that's not generally accepted.

Also riding a chocobo isn't cheese at all that's fantasy. Unless all fantasy is inherently cheese by your definitions.

But I thought they ruined raidens character in 4... because of all the people that didn't like him in 2. His incarnations was just pandering to fans that wanted him to be more "bad ass" imo. And that's what this is. Game looks awesome though.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
monologue is cheesy. I don't get it, its like he is a mass murderer and he likes it.
I'll keep an eye on it

lol, no offence intended. I love cheesy stuff. I say to my pretentios film fan friends that I like my movies with extra cheese, all the time. But I couldn't resist pointing out that your complaint about MGR when the entire Metal Gear serious is one of the cheesiest series of all time and Final Fantasy, which you like well enough to post in your sig, is as well.

Don't derail a Metal Gear thread by bait switching with Final Fantasy. It is irrelevant

Hey, don't get mad. I love Metal Gear and Final Fantasy. Probabley because I like b-movie style cheese and camp.

Do you really think Metal Gear isn't cheesey? It's a series with a villain that meows to call for backup and long Rambo style monologues about the meaning of war. It revels in it's cheese. Final Fantasy doens't seem to be aware of it's own cheese, but it lays it on pretty thick. Like I said I like it that way, but i'd be surprised if you really don't think Metal Gear and Final Fantasy are cheese free.

There are bad Metal Gear that are good, but this one in my opinion so far is bad and its crap. Final Fantasy is no exception, but I'm keeping my eyes open for it to prove itself.

edit: There are other Rising trailers that I thought was pretty good. Its just this one I didn't really like.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
I'll keep an eye on it

There are bad Metal Gear that are good, but this one in my opinion so far is bad and its crap. Final Fantasy is no exception, but I'm keeping my eyes open for it to prove itself.

Being cheesey doesn't mean something is bad. Every Metal Gear game is filled with so much cheese it should have a colesteral warning on the label, but the games are mostly very good. Final Fantasy games are extremely cheesey. I mean how many FF games have men riding giant yellow chickens swinging swords twice their size while fighting cactus shaped creatures with funny faces? Cheese isn't bad, it's good. It makes things more fun. Too many people take video games and movies too seriously. We aren't discussing Moby Dick, we're talking about a game witha  cyborg ninja cutting bad guys into tiny pieces which is a spin off of a series with a characters named Sniper Wolf, Liquid Snake, The Pain, Vamp, etc. That last character, as I'm sure you are aware, leaps around like a creep, licks blood, and his magic is so strong that a bullet to the head can't stop him. Pure, unadulterated cheese that is. Glorious fun, laugh out loud and still enjoy it cheese.

Yeah umm.. Like I said I think the monologue is cheesy.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

replaced old video with HD version... which even more show how awesome this game is

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Looks great. The camera is a bit too close to my liking, tough.

WTF? Platinum Games should never show off their disappointing incapable nature of making a compelling story and ruining characters. Hopefully the gameplay is deeper because it DMC has more weapon chains than this game so far from the videos not to mention a better story.

kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
I'll keep an eye on it

Hate to break it to you, but if Metal Gear Solid was a movie it wouldnt be a B movie and speaking of that I've been hearing Hollywood is already getting it set up. This game is a B level Metal Gear game. Platinum Games have always sucked at making convincing stories let alone characters and I think they might just make me hate Raiden. I haven't disliked Raiden since MGS2 because he was a bitch, but then he turned into a badass in part MGS4 like Grey Fox posessed. People seem to forget that Sony aligned themselves with movie directors early on in their console life as well as owning a movie studio. I wouldnt be surprised if Sony funded the project. One of those movie directors who turned game director was Hideo Kojima, the second was David Cage who created Heavy Rain (Sony will buy that studio after Beyond launches, mark my words). Sony is just known for aligning themselves with artistic games, period.

Low and behold I was correct in my assumption that Sony was going to be the studio behind the MGS movie:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/metal-gear-solid-movie-will-star-solid-snake-6397300

The script for MGS was already well written, the only far fetched part of it was the supernatural characters. I am sure those things can be controlled for a general audience. An audience will be able to understand its behind the scenes theme of infiltration in the midst of war or to prevent it. 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
WTF? Platinum Games should never show off their disappointing incapable nature of making a compelling story and ruining characters. Hopefully the gameplay is deeper because it DMC has more weapon chains than this game so far from the videos not to mention a better story.

Platinum didn't make the story, my darling.

Kojima Studios did. Platinum made the action.

(source on this being the December issue of EDGE magazine where one of the directors under Kojima explicitly says this)