By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Study: 89 percent of parents believe game violence a problem

Tagged games:

Do you believe Video Game Violence is a problem?

Yes 10 14.08%

No 60 84.51%

Total:70

Parent that I know seem to disagree this survey was probably rigged to show the results they wanted.

Around the Network

Also I find it funny how our government is attacking Video Games now while still trying to ban guns.

Should be more like this...

Study: 89% of parents believe violent video games are a problem. Upon answering this survey 100% of those 89% went out and bought the brand new Halo for their child. One parent said while waiting in line, "This world needs more heros like Master Cheif to stand up for what is right."

What Max said. I wonder how many of these parents buy CoD for little Timmy every year, or I wonder how many of these parents throw their credit cards to little Timmy to "shut him up" so he can buy whatever game he wants on Amazon.

Those 89% of parents also watches fox news

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
Cirio said:
What Max said. I wonder how many of these parents buy CoD for little Timmy every year, or I wonder how many of these parents throw their credit cards to little Timmy to "shut him up" so he can buy whatever game he wants on Amazon.

A damn good amount. I use to work in the electronics department at Target and the computer would always prompt a age check for M rated games. Only way to bypass it is to have a manager number and the only way the computer accepts the date is actually scanning an ID. Everytime it prompted I would say "this game is rated M for blood, violence, and people swear (or fill in whatever else it was rated M for but that was the most common) all the time while playing online." Parents never hesitated. I had one parent say "oh what does that mean?" and I basically said you run around shooting people in the game and she didn't care.

EDIT: on top of that it was never for teenagers either. Always for like 7-12 year olds.

SnakeDrake said:
Those 89% of parents also watches fox news

No, the 11% would watch fox news because open gun laws is a republican thing

Yeah, the moment I saw 'Common Sense Media', it was automatically going to be bad. The group has been moving for game censorship and what not for a while now. They're a pretty typical special interest group who just find the people who will answer how they want and claim it's a majority.

Scary that people like this actually have the power to influence politicians and the like.

Max King of the Wild said:

Should be more like this...

Study: 89% of parents believe violent video games are a problem. Upon answering this survey 100% of those 89% went out and bought the brand new Halo for their child. One parent said while waiting in line, "This world needs more heros like Master Cheif to stand up for what is right."

Found out over Christmas my 9-year-old cousin plays Halo. Wanted to punch somebody. My uncle should know better, too, he's a gamer.

Of course, the kid also plays Kinect Sports, Mario Kart, and Pokémon. I'm sure he'll be fine. But come on... Halo? Really?

BasilZero said:

Is Halo really that violent compared to games like CoD and GTA?

(Asking since its a Sci-Fi game and havent really played the series)

I didn't really think so at first, but it's rated M. There's enough blood and swearing in there that I'd at least wait till his age is represented with two digits to introduce him to it.

Mind you, the last I remember hearing, he was pretty squeamish. Didn't like talking about people getting hurt... at all. This was within the last year. Now he plays Halo. ...Alright then.