By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2012 NPD Thread - 360: 1.4m, PS3: 600-650k, Wii U: 460k, 3DS: 1.25m

outlawauron said:
Euphoria14 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
You want more sugar?

3DS SW 3rd party LTD

bird (Yes it's no.1)
ssf4
logo sw3
kh3d
sonic
mario sonic
skylanders
logo potc
re:r
asphalt
logo batman2
rayman
cars2

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

For years we heard from this community: "That's not a full game" as well as other comments aimed to belittle Angry Birds like "People only got it because it's a $1" or "Only got it because it's free". Now it comes to 3DS for $30 and more people buy it than anything else!

Bunch of sheep I tell you.

Contrary to what gaming forum goers believe, the outside world thinks highly of Angry Birds and not just because it is a free or because it is $1. My daughter loves them too. It seems that just like Mario, people flock to it, whether it be toys, fruit snacks, games, t-shirts, custumes, etc...

People love them some Angry Birds.

My daughter loves her Angry Birds game too.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
nightsurge said:

Ok, so according to our Chart tools, here are the numbers I have (with rounding to nearest thousand each week):

VGC - USA - Week Ending Dec 8th thru Week Ending Dec 29th (this means Dec 1st, 30th, 31st not included)
Xbox 360 - 1.25 million
PS3 - 0.72 million

I highly doubt that those 3 days = 150,000 sales, so it is looking like the 360 is about 100-150k UNDERTRACKED in USA alone for that time period.

At the same time, PS3 is about 100-150k OVERTRACKED in USA alone for the same time period.

That's an additional swing of 200-300k consoles in the Xbox 360's favor in just the US. That would put the lead back up to over 2 million as of the end of 2012.

Someone please correct me if I've missed something or made an error.

its a 5 week period... seems like your only doing 4. Its a 100k swing in Ps3's favor

Does NPD track by week or by day? As in, do their numbers mean Day 1-31 for the month, or do their numbers mean all the weeks that include that month?

The numbers I brought up are using every day but three. Dec 1, 30, and 31. The numbers in this thread are from Nov 25 - Jan 4 which adds an extra 9 days worth of data which distorts the numbers. 3 days less is much better than 9 days more as far as accuracy.

But I suppose none of that matters if NPD tracks data weekly the same way VGChartz does and not day 1-31.

Euphoria14 said:
outlawauron said:
Euphoria14 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
You want more sugar?

3DS SW 3rd party LTD

bird (Yes it's no.1)
ssf4
logo sw3
kh3d
sonic
mario sonic
skylanders
logo potc
re:r
asphalt
logo batman2
rayman
cars2

For years we heard from this community: "That's not a full game" as well as other comments aimed to belittle Angry Birds like "People only got it because it's a $1" or "Only got it because it's free". Now it comes to 3DS for $30 and more people buy it than anything else!

Bunch of sheep I tell you.

Contrary to what gaming forum goers believe, the outside world thinks highly of Angry Birds and not just because it is a free or because it is $1. My daughter loves them too. It seems that just like Mario, people flock to it, whether it be toys, fruit snacks, games, t-shirts, custumes, etc...

People love them some Angry Birds.

My daughter loves her Angry Birds game too.

Oh, it's an additive little game with lots of content. Doesn't stop it from not being a bad game and incredibly repetitive.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Oh, it's an additive little game with lots of content. Doesn't stop it from not being a bad game and incredibly repetitive.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

nightsurge said:
nightsurge said:

Ok, so according to our Chart tools, here are the numbers I have (with rounding to nearest thousand each week):

VGC - USA - Week Ending Dec 8th thru Week Ending Dec 29th (this means Dec 1st, 30th, 31st not included)
Xbox 360 - 1.25 million
PS3 - 0.72 million

I highly doubt that those 3 days = 150,000 sales, so it is looking like the 360 is about 100-150k UNDERTRACKED in USA alone for that time period.

At the same time, PS3 is about 100-150k OVERTRACKED in USA alone for the same time period.

That's an additional swing of 200-300k consoles in the Xbox 360's favor in just the US. That would put the lead back up to over 2 million as of the end of 2012.

its a 5 week period... seems like your only doing 4. Its a 100k swing in Ps3's favor

Does NPD track by week or by day? As in, do their numbers mean Day 1-31 for the month, or do their numbers mean all the weeks that include that month?

The numbers I brought up are using every day but three. Dec 1, 30, and 31. The numbers in this thread are from Nov 25 - Jan 4 which adds an extra 9 days worth of data which distorts the numbers. 3 days less is much better than 9 days more as far as accuracy.

But I suppose none of that matters if NPD tracks data weekly the same way VGChartz does and not day 1-31.

December is a 5 week month for NPD.
26th Nov - 30th Dec (Starting Monday, ending with Sunday)

Could also be 25th Nov - 29th or 30th Dec, but that doesn't really matter. It's a Sunday after all.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
GameAnalyser said:
Soundwave said:
USA has become XBox Land.

Sony is in trouble if MS can make gains in Europe next gen.

MS is in trouble if Sony can make gains in the US next gen

I highly doubt it.

Didn't MS make huge gains in Europe this past gen compared to the first XBox? 

I don't see them declining in Europe with the next XBox. 

People said the same thing about Sony with the PS3. Look what happened there.

Barozi said:
nightsurge said:
nightsurge said:

Xbox 360 - 1.25 million
PS3 - 0.72 million

December is a 5 week month for NPD.
26th Nov - 30th Dec (Starting Monday, ending with Sunday)

Could also be 25th Nov - 29th or 30th Dec, but that doesn't really matter. It's a Sunday after all.

That just seems like such an odd practice. I work for a software company that does software for tons of retail businesses and all of our systems include the ability to track data by day, week, month, year, etc. including the true "Day 1-31" month tracking, not just the weeks of that month.

You would surely think that a big firm like NPD would be drawing off of that type of data, but if not, that's just too bad I guess. Would make a lot more sense and more accurate in my mind.

Euphoria14 said:
outlawauron said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The technical qualities and shallow mechanics are ugly regardless who is beholding them. It's a horrible that a lot of people love. It happens. Nothing wrong with liking and enjoying a bad game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Did sugar release any figures for Halo 4?

yo_john117 said:
Did sugar release any figures for Halo 4?

< JD4 Wii