By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anybody else losing faith in console gaming right now?

Metallicube said:
d21lewis said:
Nintendo consoles almost always release in five or six year intervals. You lost faith in them for doing what they've always done since they started in the industry?

True, but Wii had far more success than Nintendo's other consoles. At the very least, it should have had steady releases up until late 2012 when the WiiU released, but the only notible titles, at least for me in the last couple years were Rayman and Xenoblade. That is just unacceptable. A large part of the blame lies on the third parties, but Nintendo also has a responsibility to keep the games coming despite the lack of third party support. They failed to do that.

Didn't like Skyward Sword, eh?

I guess they had to move resources from the Wii to develop for the Wii U.  I'm an apologist, though.  For me, Nintendo can do no wrong.  Plus, as a multi-console owner, I always had stuff to play.  It had to be frustrating for a Wii only fan to settle for one stellar game every six months or so.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
sensebringer said:
I am with you in this one. In the last year I have been starting game after game and finishing just a little few of them. I just don't feel the same joy when playing games from this generation like when I played gamecube, PS and PS2 games. In fact, I am revisitting my PS2 and GCN library right now. I am also looking to get into indie games and PC gaming to get a different experience.

I just don't like where the industry is heading.

Weird.  I buy a ton of new games, too but I found myself spending a lot of time playing Gamecube games in recent months.  Maybe it's my body telling me what it wants instead of listening to my mind try to force it to want.  Finished Resident Evil Zero a couple of weeks ago and thought it was one of the best experiences I've had in ages.

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Wander_ said:
Turkish said:
Wander_ said:

You play PC ? GTFO!!!

Hotline Miami is one of my favourite games last year. PC+PS3+Vita combo is the ultimate combo.(eventough I have all the consoles except for the 3DS which I sold last year).

Seems like everyone is still thinking that a handhed is a console.So im just gonna jump on the bandwagon. Yeah the 3DS is a console.

Well it is a handheld console. Saying that 3DS is not a console is the same as saying that humans aren't a lifeform.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

hmm, I love console gaming. Its alot of fun, but I do agree that $60 games that you can't really play after completing the main story are sort of a waste of money.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

As a longtime Nintendo fan, I obviously hated Gamecube.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I'm not losing faith in it, but every once in a while i lose my enthousiasm for gaming can't for the life of me pick up a game :(

It usually last for like 2 of 3 months and then boom i'm in again! It's kinda weird, but because i'm getting older, just turned 30!!! Damn you God of War, hurry up and come out already.

This seems weird, despite Nintendo owning this generation and your 2nd fav being 2nd you are losing faith. And the one you do not play Sony is last.

Mostly what I remember in the past is that Nintendo does not typically support their consoles on the last few years. Many people could see why when Pokemon BW2 released for DS and not 3DS. MS did not really support Xbox, who knows about 360. And PS mostly gets supported by 3rd partys at the end due to usually high sales, with a few exclusives from Sony themsleves. PS3 though right now has a lot of exclusives for 2013.

Out of the 15+ games that I have bought this year only 3 of them were at full price, not all games are $60 there are heaps of games under $30 that are a couple of years old.

I love my PS3 and console gaming and will continue to do so.

No. I'm very excited about this year. I believe it's gonna be one of the best ever.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I am at a point in my life again where I hardly game. It happens and it makes me smile. It happens to me when I get too busy in life. I spend my free time doing other things, and mostly enjoy it with friends and family. 

The PS4 and or next box might get me back to playing a lot. 

This year has a lot of gems so I might start again.