By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anybody else losing faith in console gaming right now?

Turkish said:
Wander_ said:

You play PC ? GTFO!!!

Hotline Miami is one of my favourite games last year. PC+PS3+Vita combo is the ultimate combo.(eventough I have all the consoles except for the 3DS which I sold last year).

Seems like everyone is still thinking that a handhed is a console.So im just gonna jump on the bandwagon. Yeah the 3DS is a console.

Around the Network

I am with you in this one. In the last year I have been starting game after game and finishing just a little few of them. I just don't feel the same joy when playing games from this generation like when I played gamecube, PS and PS2 games. In fact, I am revisitting my PS2 and GCN library right now. I am also looking to get into indie games and PC gaming to get a different experience.

I just don't like where the industry is heading.

No, I am not.

Although I'm mainly a PC gamer.

Nope I LOVE my PS3 and my WiiU :) playing my PS3 as we speak! LotR War in the North

give it time!

Nintendo Network ID = itsJabby

Around the Network
sensebringer said:
I am with you in this one. In the last year I have been starting game after game and finishing just a little few of them. I just don't feel the same joy when playing games from this generation like when I played gamecube, PS and PS2 games. In fact, I am revisitting my PS2 and GCN library right now. I am also looking to get into indie games and PC gaming to get a different experience.

Weird.  I buy a ton of new games, too but I found myself spending a lot of time playing Gamecube games in recent months.  Maybe it's my body telling me what it wants instead of listening to my mind try to force it to want.  Finished Resident Evil Zero a couple of weeks ago and thought it was one of the best experiences I've had in ages.

Wander_ said:
Turkish said:
Wander_ said:

You play PC ? GTFO!!!

Hotline Miami is one of my favourite games last year. PC+PS3+Vita combo is the ultimate combo.(eventough I have all the consoles except for the 3DS which I sold last year).

Seems like everyone is still thinking that a handhed is a console.So im just gonna jump on the bandwagon. Yeah the 3DS is a console.

Sounds better than "game machines" as a colloquial term.

d21lewis said:
Nintendo consoles almost always release in five or six year intervals. You lost faith in them for doing what they've always done since they started in the industry?

True, but Wii had far more success than Nintendo's other consoles. At the very least, it should have had steady releases up until late 2012 when the WiiU released, but the only notible titles, at least for me in the last couple years were Rayman and Xenoblade. That is just unacceptable. A large part of the blame lies on the third parties, but Nintendo also has a responsibility to keep the games coming despite the lack of third party support. They failed to do that.

Metallicube said:
PScollector said:
I love gaming, can't get enough of it.

Same here. Though I am talking about CONSOLE gaming.

Same here mate, For Nintendo and the Wii U theres been alot of Doom and gloom threads but the Wii U will pick up and its only going 2 get better, for the ps3 well they can be had for cheap as chips with the 12gb version or the 500gig version and 2nd hand games can be had for next 2 nothing. As for Xbox well the slim runs great with no RROD and there games are just as cheaps as Sonys and you can also get 2nd hand games. Next is where on the brink of new Consoles! im keen as and cant wait 2 see whats around the corner, in terms of consoles it is exciting times! :)

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

sensebringer said:

I agree with a lot of this.

I really think we are in a decadent period of video gaming and, like sensebringer, I see some disturbing trends in the industry.