By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS2 is now discontinued after 12 Years.

Wander_ said:

They are totally different, Don't try to change my mind.

I wasn't trying to change your mind because I knew I couldn't. I was stating what I thought, and what should be right.

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
NintendoPie said:
Wander_ said:

Sorry honey. But you gotta play by the rules and the rules say you can't compare a HANDHELD to a CONSOLE.

I am though, so there.

The DS can outsell the PS2 and just because you say that we can not compare the two because one is a Hanheld Console and one is a Home Console doesn't mean anything. If the DS doesn't beat the PS2 then it doesn't. But if the DS does, then it is the best selling console ever.

Please.

Don't make me get into this again.

It all depends on what you want to compare. A gaming system is a gaming system, no matter what form it takes. The very definition of the word 'console' states it as 'an electronic device capable of running video games'; both fall under this category. If you want to compare pure gaming systems, both Home Consoles and Handheld Consoles count. However, you are of course allowed to compare home consoles only, in which handhelds do not count. The other way around goes too, naturally. So, there's three things to compare: Home Consoles, Handheld Consoles and Overall.

As of now, and likely 'till te end of time, the winner for the 'Home Console' category is the PS2. The winner for the 'Handheld Console' category is the DS. The winner for the 'Overall' category is, at the moment, still up in the air with the PS2 leading.

With regards.

S.Peelman said:
Wander_ said:
NintendoPie said:
Wander_ said:

Sorry honey. But you gotta play by the rules and the rules say you can't compare a HANDHELD to a CONSOLE.

I am though, so there.

The DS can outsell the PS2 and just because you say that we can not compare the two because one is a Hanheld Console and one is a Home Console doesn't mean anything. If the DS doesn't beat the PS2 then it doesn't. But if the DS does, then it is the best selling console ever.

Please.

It all depends on what you want to compare. A gaming system is a gaming system, no matter what form it takes. The very definition of the word 'console' states it as 'an electronic device capable of running video games'; both fall under this category. If you want to compare pure gaming systems, both Home Consoles and Handheld Consoles count. However, you are of course allowed to compare home consoles only, in which handhelds do not count. The other way around goes too, naturally. So, there's three things to compare: Home Consoles, Handheld Consoles and Overall.

As of now, and likely 'till te end of time, the winner for the 'Home Console' category is the PS2. The winner for the 'Handheld Console' category is the DS. The winner for the 'Overall' category is, at the moment, still up in the air with the PS2 leading.

With regards.

Can you compare a Plane to a car ? They both take you places

Wander_ said:
S.Peelman said:
Wander_ said:
NintendoPie said:
Wander_ said:

I am though, so there.

Please.

With regards.

They are both modes of transportation.

So, yes.

Depending on what you want to compare. Which is the whole point.

S.Peelman said:
Wander_ said:
S.Peelman said:
Wander_ said:
NintendoPie said:
Wander_ said:

I am though, so there.

Please.

With regards.

So, yes.

So when i ask you whats the best plane ever. You gonna say Ford

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
S.Peelman said:

So, yes.

Why are you not getting this?

S.Peelman said:
Wander_ said:
S.Peelman said:

So, yes.

Why are YOU!!! not getting this?

Wander_ said:
S.Peelman said:
Wander_ said:
S.Peelman said:

So, yes.

Why are YOU!!! not getting this?

I'm getting it!

So, whats the gap between the DS and PS2?

Nsanity said:
So, whats the gap between the DS and PS2?

5-8M maybe.