By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS2 is now discontinued after 12 Years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jan/04/playstation-2-manufacture-ends-years?INTCMP=SRCH

So, maybe DS can top PS2 now and become the best selling video game system ever. It's only 2.45 million units behind and it sold 3.53 million units this year. If it does okay, it should top PS2 within 2 years .

LEts see if Wii can top PS1 now.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Wii outselling the ps1? In your dreams.
DS outselling PS2? maybe but that doesn't count.

PS2 highest selling HOME console.

KylieDog said:
This was already posted and since no Sony press goin to assume another japan = world 'article'.

This.  Plus, the PS2 has shipped AT LEAST 157M-158M by now, so the DS has more like 4.5M-5.5M to go to catch it.  That isn't going to happen.  I'd imagine the DS will be discontinued ~156M-157M.  By that time, the PS2 will have shipped ~160M or slightly more.

thismeintiel said:
KylieDog said:
This was already posted and since no Sony press goin to assume another japan = world 'article'.

This.  Plus, the PS2 has shipped AT LEAST 157M-158M by now, so the DS has more like 4.5M-5.5M to go to catch it.  That isn't going to happen.  I'd imagine the DS will be discontinued ~156M-157M.  By that time, the PS2 will have shipped ~160M or slightly more.

I don't think Nintendo will discontinue the DS. Not until they pass the PS2 at least. They want that record.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
thismeintiel said:
KylieDog said:

I don't think Nintendo will discontinue the DS. Not until they pass the PS2 at least. They want that record.

if they gotta ship another 4.5m-5.5m, than the DS will never pass the PS2.

Wander_ said:

WiiU outselling the ps1? In your dreams.
DS outselling PS2? maybe but that doesn't count.

Not trying to burst your bubble but he said Wii not Wii U, Even though im not sure wii can pull it off, maybe 103mil lifetime! Also, DS doesn't count? Seriously? Why? It probably wont but if it does that means its #1! Jus accept it if it happens which isnt likely!

riderz13371 said:

Sony would say this if the DS passed them in sales lol

tbone51 said:
riderz13371 said:

typo. And thats what i meant.

tbone51 said:
riderz13371 said: