By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "An Unbiased Review" inFamous 2 - A Riderz13371 Review

Two unbiased reviews today but only one official. It's rocking. The first one didn't really grab me. I found it to be decent game but it became repetitive. I know most games are just repetitive but they do in a way that it doesn't feel like that. I will surely check this out since it is free for plus members. It is 14 GB download though. Games are getting huge.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Two unbiased reviews today but only one official. It's rocking. The first one didn't really grab me. I found it to be decent game but it became repetitive. I know most games are just repetitive but they do in a way that it doesn't feel like that. I will surely check this out since it is free for plus members. It is 14 GB download though. Games are getting huge.

Yeah you should totally check the second one out. I agree with you when you say that the first one is repetetive but I feel that the variety of powers you attain in the second with the combination of the amp create such diverse gameplay. Also since you essentially choose a sidekick (Good or Bad) some of the missions play out differently and they way you go about completing them vary depending on who you picked. 

Yep I agree with this review, I enjoyed this infamous 2 a heck of alot more than the first one.

riderz13371 said:
green_sky said:

Yeah you should totally check the second one out. I agree with you when you say that the first one is repetetive but I feel that the variety of powers you attain in the second with the combination of the amp create such diverse gameplay. Also since you essentially choose a sidekick (Good or Bad) some of the missions play out differently and they way you go about completing them vary depending on who you picked. 

Would you suggest good or evil sidekick based on fun factor and ending. I usually only end up playing a game once. I played the first infamous as good but my friend said the red (evil) powers were just more fun. 

green_sky said:
riderz13371 said:
green_sky said:

Would you suggest good or evil sidekick based on fun factor and ending. I usually only end up playing a game once. I played the first infamous as good but my friend said the red (evil) powers were just more fun. 

Evil powers are more fun because you never have to worry about injuring a civillian or having to think twice before you kill something, however the good ending is much better than the evil ending in inFamous 2. I almost cried in the good ending of inFamous 2 after the credits hit. If you have a chance at least check out the ending credits of the game. I only enjoy the beginning with the piano. It's beautiful. If you are only going to play it once then I would still choose the good karma because, as I said in the review, the variety in the powers you attain is plentiful and it's not like the first inFamous where you barely get any different powers. I think theres at least like 2-3 different attack styles for each controller button (Triangle, square, X and circle)

Around the Network

An easy 10/10 for me.

riderz13371 said:
green_sky said:

Evil powers are more fun because you never have to worry about injuring a civillian or having to think twice before you kill something, however the good ending is much better than the evil ending in inFamous 2. I almost cried in the good ending of inFamous 2 after the credits hit. If you have a chance at least check out the ending credits of the game. I only enjoy the beginning with the piano. It's beautiful. If you are only going to play it once then I would still choose the good karma because, as I said in the review, the variety in the powers you attain is plentiful and it's not like the first inFamous where you barely get any different powers. I think theres at least like 2-3 different attack styles for each controller button (Triangle, square, X and circle).

Cool. Thanks. 

Chris Hu said:
One thing I don't like about InFamous 2 is that they changed the voice actor for the main character. I think that Jason Cottle did a great job with doing the voice for Cole MacGrath in the first game and he should have been rehired to do the voice for the second game.

Honestly..fans just bitche way too much about the change of character they wanted in this game. In the end we got ourselves a compromised version of Cole :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

i still didn't even play a minute of infamous games lol. i always want to but then i start to play something else or buy something i did not even want. i like that kind of games so it is really stupid.

Great review Rider. Really liking the gif and pictures too. Nice touch :)