By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you are against gay marriage, explain why without mentioning religion

Are you for or against gay marriage?

For 290 49.49%

Against 171 29.18%

don't know 16 2.73%

whatever who cares? 108 18.43%

Total:585

I just want to know why people are against gay marriage for, but please try to explain why without mentioning anything religious. Gay marriage should be treated like an ordinary marriage, it's just 2 people who are happy together after all, that's no different to an ordinary marriage between a man and a women. Anyway, i want you to explain your beliefs on it without religion because people often mention religion while saying they are against gay marriage. Maybe there just ain't a non-religious argument against gay marriage at all 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I personally don't care

Most arguments are religious based. The only one that I can think of is that many people fear things they can't understand, and since the vast majority of humans are straight.....ya. Also homosexuality hasn't been widely documented, let alone supported until the last 60 years or so. It'll take time to break the mindset humans have had since our dawn as a civilized race.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I think it has to do with the definition of marriage. It probably came to be from ancient religious rituals concerning the bonding of two or more people for the purpose of procreation. That would make sense within evolutionary psychology: lots of animals have partners for life so it seems reasonable an institution of some kind would come to exist around it.

Anyways most civilized countries equal civil union and even stable relationship to marriage on grounds of rights and obligations so nowadays it would be mostly a bragging rights award, honestly.

sales2099 said:

I personally don't care

Most arguments are religious based. The only one that I can think of is that many people fear things they can't understand, and since the vast majority of humans are straight.....ya. Also homosexuality hasn't been widely documented, let alone supported until the last 60 years or so. It'll take time to break the mindset humans have had since our dawn as a civilized race.

Historically homosexuality was pretty much accepted and well-documented in quite a few western cultures... like ancient Rome or Greece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUR5HPg1Mc

Hard to poke holes in his argument.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
sales2099 said:

I personally don't care

Historically homosexuality was pretty much accepted and well-documented in quite a few western cultures... like ancient Rome or Greece.

Then I guess it died down when Christianity became the official religion of the Roman empire.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
sales2099 said:

I personally don't care

Then I guess it died down when Christianity became the official religion of the Roman empire.

Yeah, sort of. Generally the Romans were already shifting towards a negative view of homosexuality coming out of the classical era, though it was the christianity that really took it to an extreme. 

Because! What if I have to buy nice (read expensive) wedding presents for my gay friends? You know they usually have taste, and it would be expensive.

I think in a few more years we will laugh about how crazy backwards people were against same sex marriage- just like how we laugh how people use to be against interracial marriage (and TV characters and contestants couldn't date the opposite race without a bunch of controversy.) Incidentally, they use the same religious arguments against interracial marriage as they do today against same sex marriage.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Andrespetmonkey said:
sales2099 said:

I personally don't care

That is actually a myth really... this video here explains it in details with lot of good points. It also shows some rather dirty and low deception tactics used by LGBT fanboys to create that myth

2 consenting adult human beings vowing to be a couple until death is a mariage, no matter the gender