By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you save PS2 games onto the PS3?

Soriku said:
Wait, so PS3 uses virtual memory cards for PS1/PS2 games?

yup.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

I'm trying to copy stuff from my PS3 back to a memory card (cause it wiped for some reason) but there is an error whenever I try and copy across the game I want (not the games I don't want), and also when I delete stuff from a memory card, it does not acknowledge it, what is going on?

You don't need the memory card adapter, unless of course you want to being your PS1/2 games to the PS3. I didn't want to shell out for it until they made it so you can actually put stuff back onto memory cards rather than only copy them to the HDD.

It helps because friends have PS2's, but I have my PS3.

i think you need to create a memroy card for ps2 in the ps3 hard drive

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

For me I had to use the 8mb mc. The clear memory card (mc) for ps1 and my 32mb mc wasn't recognized by the adaptor. I had to copy from the 32mb to the 8mb, save to ps3, put it back in the ps2, delete ps2 game saves on the 8 mb and then add more games from the clear mc and or the 32mb mc. That was really annoying. So far the only ps2 games i've played on my ps3 is killzone. Started on ps2 finished on ps3 (first ps2 game I played on ps3). Finished playing 3 hours of god of war a little over 2 hours ago. Frooze once 4 days ago (scared the crap outta me) but it's worked fine since.