By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UPDATE: Prediction: Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (Vita) will outsell WiiU CoD #2 (Vita wins by over 7:1...)

What am I (on the prediction scale)?

A genius and a scholar 26 17.33%

A wizard even wiser than Gandalf 21 14.00%

A zombified monkey 37 24.67%

A brute that can't tell left from right 36 24.00%

Something less extreme than the above 30 20.00%

Total:150

I had no reasoning to back that up, really.

Around the Network
pezus said:
the_dengle said:
You're right, Wii U owners have much better taste than Vita owners.

That's surely why...

Don't blame me, you're the one who pointed out that Vita owners will come out in droves to support absolute garbage.

I think you're wrong.
But I also think Vita is getting another COD game and THAT game will sell better than the next Wii U COD.

I disagree with you there Pezus. Next years COD if the WiiU gets it will easily outsell declasified. Most Wii CODs sold over a million and theres no reason why BLOPS 2 or the next COD cant hit a million on WiiU.

pezus said:
the_dengle said:
pezus said:
the_dengle said:
You're right, Wii U owners have much better taste than Vita owners.

That's surely why...

Don't blame me, you're the one who pointed out that Vita owners will come out in droves to support absolute garbage.

If you call 450k "in droves", sure. It's Call of Duty though, on a Playstation system, so we always expected some CoD casuals (gamers who mainly play CoD) to buy it. 

I call it "in droves" because in under 2 months it became the third-best-selling game on the system. Vita owners bought this crap up faster than any other Vita game. The problem isn't that Wii U COD sold so little, it's that Vita COD sold so much.

Around the Network

The sales may be low, but they also may be consistent. I think COD will perform quite well on the Wii U for next year. Not by any means on par with the other HD consoles, but fairly well. It'll be interesting to see how the attach rate will be for Wii U and BO2 mid way through the year. With not much slated for the first half of the calendar year, people might pick up BO2 as their next purchase after NSMB.

pezus said:
RedInker said:
I disagree with you there Pezus. Next years COD if the WiiU gets it will easily outsell declasified. Most Wii CODs sold over a million and theres no reason why BLOPS 2 or the next COD cant hit a million on WiiU.

Wii did sell a lot more than WiiU is doing and will do though. Not to mention that they declined with each successive release, instead of increasing like the other versions did. I see even less CoD players getting the WiiU version now, because we will have 720, PS4, PS3, 360 and probably another Vita game.

As the userbase grows the sales for WiiU COD will grow I'm sure. I admit that the sales will never be anything near the level of PS360 but I believe the next edition could hit 2 million +. if its realesed same day with the same features and modes etc. Not fantastic sales I know but "successful" for a Nintendo COD.

pezus said:
KungKras said:
If the next CoD launches at the same time as the others, and if Wii U has 150% of the Vita userbase by then, I'm convinced it won't happen.

Wanna bet against that, pezus?

Sure. But what if WiiU doesn't reach 150% of Vita's userbase? 

Then the bet will be off, because synchronized launch and user base difference are the conditions required for me to bet confidently :)

I'm thinking about updating my sig soon, so how about a bet for say.... three months of sig control?

I LOVE ICELAND!

I think you'll be wrong, but it may be very close.

CODVita is pretty much topped out at its 450k standing.
CODBLOPS2 on WiiU will likely sell some more as new users (from Wii) pick it up and like top out around 200k.

WiiU should have a much larger userbase than Vita by next holiday and its next COD will easily double that of this year. Wii almost always broke a million and I'd see WiiU breaking 500k next year.

pezus said:
KungKras said:
pezus said:
KungKras said:
If the next CoD launches at the same time as the others, and if Wii U has 150% of the Vita userbase by then, I'm convinced it won't happen.

Wanna bet against that, pezus?

Sure. But what if WiiU doesn't reach 150% of Vita's userbase? 

Then the bet will be off, because synchronized launch and user base difference are the conditions required for me to bet confidently :)

I'm thinking about updating my sig soon, so how about a bet for say.... three months of sig control?

Now I'm not even sure if the 150% thing will happen :/. Sure, but when will we set the cut-off point? 

Hmmm, CoD Sales are pretty front loaded, so, what's the time where they usually drop off ater launch?

I LOVE ICELAND!