By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Another MMO goes free-to-play -- this time Bluehole's TERA

Tagged games:

OMG!!! OMG!!! the MMO forum is actually used!! celebrate!!

anyway FF14 is gonna have a hard time heck any MMO released in 2013 is gonna have a hard time

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Anyways the old days of subscription paid MMOs is coming to a end soon.

The rumors of Blizzard eliminating WoW is getting str0nger. I wonder if their new MMO Titan (I think it was called) will have a subscription.

I don't think they'll kill WoW with still what? 8 million plus subscribers... unless blizzard gives everyone who goes from WoW to their new MMO benefits when transferring..

but is gonna be interesting to see what will happen with MMOs.. flat subscription fee is going out but they can't survive on in game purchases alone..
I think they will go free to play untill a certain level and then actually p2p based on gametime like 5 bucks for 10 hours and 10 for 25hours

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The only MMO I would consider playing.

Though I probably won't :P

SWTOR and TERA are the 2 best MMO's in the market in my opinion. I am pleased they both got more profitable models that can garantee support for the coming years.

With that said, i am also keeping an eye out for FFXIV AAR. :)

Anybody else playing TERA?

Around the Network

I love the combat system but i stoped playing TERA cause its way too addicting, especially with the annoying enchanting system. With that said, i do miss it. Unfortunely i cant get other people to play it because they get too bored with the questing system to get to max level.

This game deserves to be on consoles alot more than FFXIV ARR and TESO. It lends itself really well to gamepad controls. Actually, i used a gamepad to play it on the PC. It feels great.