By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - From A Skeptic: Where Nintendo Should Take The Wii U

S.T.A.G.E. said:
osed125 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

3) Miyamoto already admitted they will never create a hardcore character for older audiences. He said himself that he would never create a character or a game he cannot play while on the couch with his family.

4) Sony kind of destroyed Nintendos relationship with Konami and Square by offering them new tech to expand upon and their relationship got better as the years and Nintendo fell behind getting secondary games.

Nintendo have the exclusivity of Dragon Quest and other games mostly on the handheld department, that shows their relation is definitely good. Konami is another story though.

That means very little to people in the west. Hopefully Japan supports those games. Nintendo is secondary to western developers, Square Enix and Konami alike. Its not a bad thing for them to make games for the handhelds because they are made timely and its less costly. Less risk compared to a full game being that the profit margin is larger and the cost to develop is cheaper.

Konami is irrelevant to be honest, but hey if Nintendo floated them a few bucks to bring back the Contra series, sure why not. 

Square-Enix and Nintendo have a healthy relationship these days. Just offer it ... a joint RPG with Nintendo and Square-Enix characters would likely be a bigger seller than any of Square-Enix's franchises period (mainline DQ or FF included). You're talking about a probable 10+ million seller worldwide, not to mention a very clever way to introduce a lot of Western players to Dragon Quest characters in particular. 

And this is a franchise they could potentially slow roll out with new characters/worlds in different sequels (ie: save things like Animal Crossing world or Pokemon and certain FF/DQ characters for the sequels), it'd be an endless cash cow. 

Does Square-Enix want in on that gravy train or not? I don't see them saying no. But if I'm Nintendo I make sure I get a crown jewel or two in the deal in return ... I want those FFVI and FFVII remakes. I need something back that will sell my hardware. Win-win for both sides. 

Around the Network

I hope Nintendo pull another "Bayonetta 2" type trick out of the hat.

zippy said:

Bayonetta 2 isnt going to sell well exclusive to any platform let alone Nintendo. Nintendo hasnt had a decent hack n slash in what...eighteen years?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

Bayonetta 2 isnt going to sell well exclusive to any platform let alone Nintendo. Nintendo hasnt had a decent hack n slash in what...eighteen years?

Nintendo isn't making it, they are just publishing. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

Never said they were, I said Bayonetta wont sell well exclusive to any platform let alone Nintendo.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
osed125 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

Never said they were, I said Bayonetta wont sell well exclusive to any platform let alone Nintendo.

"Nintendo hasn't had a decent hack n slash in what...eighteen years?" that sounded like they are making it. Either way we don't really know how much it will sell, without seeing even seeing any gameplay.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
osed125 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

"Nintendo hasn't had a decent hack n slash in what...eighteen years?" that sounded like they are making it. Either way we don't really know how much it will sell, without seeing even seeing any gameplay.

We know what Bayonettas gameplay is like. Its DMC on acid made by the same creator with a british dominatrix chick who claims shes a witch.

Bayonetta 2 as much as I hate to say it will likely flop.

Nintendo needs that "big dog" core game franchise that can move 3-4+ million on its own. Then smaller sellers like the Bayonettas, Metroids, and third party stuff can line up behind that.

Content wise too, it's too far removed from the core franchises people associate with Nintendo machines, which is part of Nintendo's problem. Sometimes when they get these games, they go too far to show they have violent content, and it doesn't mesh with the audience's perception. 

You need something in between Mario/Animal Crossing and Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden that isn't Zelda. 

Something maybe like Zelda but a few shades darker and a bit more story driven would probably do the trick. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
osed125 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
osed125 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

We know what Bayonettas gameplay is like. Its DMC on acid made by the same creator with a british dominatrix chick who claims shes a witch.

The gameplay mechanics will obviously stay the same. But sequels can make changes that can either make said game a success or a massive failure. Still, without seeing any gameplay I will say this game will sell a max of 1m lifetime, considering the first one sold 1.92 million on the PS360 (according to VGC).

Nintendo and PC gamer

Soundwave said:

Bayonetta 2 as much as I hate to say it will likely flop.

Nintendo needs that "big dog" core game franchise that can move 3-4+ million on its own. Then smaller sellers like the Bayonettas, Metroids, and third party stuff can line up behind that.

Content wise too, it's too far removed from the core franchises people associate with Nintendo machines, which is part of Nintendo's problem. Sometimes when they get these games, they go too far to show they have violent content, and it doesn't mesh with the audience's perception. 

You need something in between Mario/Animal Crossing and Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden that isn't Zelda. 

Something maybe like Zelda but a few shades darker and a bit more story driven would probably do the trick. 

Nintendo needs to stop ****ing around and launch a Pokemon on the Wii U. Its been a while since they've done it and it will sell consoles to Pokemon faithful. They know people want it and its not just the DS crowd.