By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - God of War Ascension sales prediction.

It will sell

500k 5 3.01%

1M 4 2.41%

1.5m 8 4.82%

2m 3 1.81%

2.5m 7 4.22%

3m 23 13.86%

3.5 30 18.07%

4m 30 18.07%

4.5 13 7.83%

5m 43 25.90%

Total:166

About 3 million I guess.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

3 mill

I'm going to say around 3 million

I am not sure how the Mulitplayer will affect this franchise. When I heard about the Multiplayer I somehow lost my interest in this game... and I have all 5 Gow Platinum Trophies.

Ok, some might say that a Mulitplayer mean "more bang for your buck", but that simply is not true. For me, online Competitive Multiplayer offers absolutely no value, simply because it has no entertaining factor for me. On my road to some Platinum I had to cope with some Multiplayer modes (GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Resistance 2, Assassin's Creed, Street Fighter 4, Uncharted 2+3, etc.) and honestly I did not like them. The only two that were somehow fun were Ghostbusters and the coop-Mode of Resistance 2.

So if the Platinum Trophy is possible without wasting time with the multiplayer mode I will gladly buy this game. But if the main focus is on the mulitplayer and the singleplayer campaign feels tacked on I might even pass this game completely.

So ultimately, I have a feeling that this game will sell less than GoW3, but since I am biased against multiplayer that is not a fair measure. To be honest, a short moment I hoped that this game will bomb soo hard. Why can't they simply make a singleplayer game and an extra online-only game (free-to-play with dlc to expand the lifetime of the game) for the competitive gamer?

hmm, I was never good at these prediction things but I'll give this a shot.

100 million.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

3.5 Lifetime maybe..? Since its not a mainline game, I dont know :> Guess is no lower than 3.5, yet no higher than like.. 5. xD Kinda broad I know

4 mill

I think 3.5M Life time with bigger FW sales than GOW3 !

After playing Ghost of Sparta, I say bring on more prequels. Ghost of Sparta wasn't better than three, but with all Sony Santamonica has learned from how short part three was they need to make it longer and deeper. God of War 3 was great. God of War has only been growing in sales this gen so i'd say between 3.5- 4.5 sales.

5m lifetime, ps3 install base is much bigger than when gow3 released.