By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - God of War Ascension sales prediction.

It will sell

500k 5 3.01%

1M 4 2.41%

1.5m 8 4.82%

2m 3 1.81%

2.5m 7 4.22%

3m 23 13.86%

3.5 30 18.07%

4m 30 18.07%

4.5 13 7.83%

5m 43 25.90%

Total:166
Jay520 said:
bananaking21 said:

according to vgcharts it would be a 800K less if your 3.7 predicition is correct. i just dont see this happening. less than 4 million would be a serious decline for the franchise. oh and keep in mind that no game in the franchise did less than 4 million (main console games)

We'll see. I've already considered everything you've posted and 3.7 - 4.2m is what I believe at the moment. As we get more pre-order data, and information on the PS4 (like Backwards compatibility), my prediction may change.

cool :D just remember this because im gonna rub it in your face when your wrong hahahaha jk 

Around the Network

6M+

The first GoW with infinite replay value... MP will make more sales to it.

1.80 million first week, 3.25 million first 10 weeks, 6.00+ million lifetime (6.75-7.00 million if bundled Uncharted style).

Anyone thinking less than 5 million lifetime is delusional. The game is pretty much matching God of War III's pre-orders which went on to sell 5.2 million as of the end of May 2012 which means it could be nearing 6 million now (THE GAME IS STILL MASSIVELY UNDER-TRACKED IOI). God of War: Ascension is almost doing as well and it hasn't even had any single player story coverage, once that happens it'll start getting more hype + more pre-orders + more sales.

The vast majority love the multiplayer beta and the final games multiplayer will obviously be better which will help stop people trading the game in and the online pass will encourage people to buy the game new and that will help legs a lot. The single player will be better than ever which means word of mouth will be also great as usual with this series.

It must be said, how can we trust Vgchartz's estimates when the game releases when they got the rest of the God of War series so wrong? They had God of War at 3.93m when it was actually at 4.62m, God of War II at 3.68m when it was actually 4.25m, God of War III at 4.37m when it was actually 5.20m. My non-bold prediction, God of War: Ascension will also be massively under-tracked.

I'd say around 3-3.5 million.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

JustThatGamer said:
1.80 million first week, 3.25 million first 10 weeks, 6.00+ million lifetime (6.75-7.00 million if bundled Uncharted style).

Anyone thinking less than 5 million lifetime is delusional. The game is pretty much matching God of War III's pre-orders

It isn't actually. GODOWA Acension is on 145k pre-orders, GODOWA 3 at the same time was on 254K. So quite a LARGE difference there.

Around the Network

Who voted for 500k LOL, the usa pre orders alone are half that.. -,-

4.5 million.

3.725 million. Will vote 3.5 i guess.

LOL @ Troll votes 500K.

4.2 Million

betacon said:
4.2 Million

How the hell did you find this thread? i thought it was gone for good.