By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 Still Does't Get The Props It Deserves

You often hear Nintendo supporters talk about how amazing the launch of the Wii was and give it huge props for being the #1 selling console of its time during its first few years on the market.  However, you rarely hear people mention the fact that the PS3 which launched the same day ( and that many people at that time considered to be doomed to failure) or within a few days of the Wii has been the dominant console of this gen's latter years.

It seems to me that the console that finishes the gen with the largest number of sales week in and week out should be spoken of in just as many or possibly even more glowing terms than one that might have led a generation for a few years but whose sales drastically fell off in the gen's latter years.  You don't praise a sports team that takes a significant early lead but that barely manages to hold on or that loses at the end that much.

What do you think?

Around the Network

The PS3 is the most hated and underrated system that i LOVE more than my mom

Do you praise a team that is placed third with a shot on 2nd but they were the champions league winners, league champion and cup winner the season before and next season is already started?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Wander_ said:

The PS3 is the most hated and underrated system that i LOVE more than my mom

seriously, something is wrong with you... it's hated? why? underrated? who "rates" the system? and who cares about it? leave aside the thing with your mom...

NiKKoM said:
Do you praise a team that is placed third with a shot on 2nd but they were the champions league winners, league champion and cup winner the season before and next season is already started?

The UK Wildcats won the NCAA Title last year.  They made the Final Four the year before that and the Elite Eight the year before that.  They've not done as well so far this year ( though every team that's beaten them has been in in the Top 25 (two of them in the Top 3); however, you know that due to their talent and increasing experience level, the Wildcats have as much or a much better chance as any team of being #1 at the end and being #1 at the end in a dramatic fashion is all that matters. 

So, I believe that you do.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Since you seem to be unwilling to give the 360 props, you are guilty of hypocrisy. Also, you don't seem to know what domination means.

Personally, I'll give the PS3 props once it has made Sony a net profit of $1 or more. You don't praise a sports team that is full of doped athletes.

I gave the 360 props in my Wii U thread for having more demand at its launch than Wii U.

You seem to imply that the UK Wildcats have doped athletes.  Do you have any evidence for that?  If not, it's a slanderous statement.

No, like the PS3, the Wildcats just have much better components to begin with that are just going to take a little more time to catch on.

Given the expectations after the success of Plastation2. The Ps3 was doomed to succeed! Then what happened? Looked like they made an expensive 360! I was really excited hoping that Sony would use their war chest. I expected a console that could kick xboxs ass.

Sadly it's kin to arguing the benefits of directX 11 over 10. Not something worth fanboying.

RolStoppable said:
Since you seem to be unwilling to give the 360 props, you are guilty of hypocrisy. Also, you don't seem to know what domination means.

Personally, I'll give the PS3 props once it has made Sony a net profit of $1 or more. You don't praise a sports team that is full of doped athletes.

In 2010 they started losing only 18 dollars or roughly making a profit with each game sold with the console sold and now with the Super Slim, I'm sure they are making a profit without a game.

I agree, you should praise a doped up team of players.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2010/04/29/ps3-is-finaly-turning-a-profit/

NiKKoM said:

Well if they move from 3rd to 2nd than the season clearly isn't over. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I will wait the PS3 became th best selling console this gen before make the party amazing party for it... it will be HUGE.

Crow comming.