By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nvidia Announces A New Gaming Handheld

Tagged games:

bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
i honestly dont like to use the word flop, but this is going to flop hard

i asked that yesterday in the steambox thread, why do people know how many sales a device needs to be a flop or not? it's not as if it is made to play unique games on it which needs much support, it is made to play your pc games and android stuff on it, maybe even 100k sales would be enough, who knows?

i'm maybe interested in that, i could play borderlands 2 even more then (pezus already believes i'm crazy with that game)

well from the info that we have now i honestly think it wont be a success, looking at the specs they are pretty high, considering this wants to play andriod games it should be a quad core device, and seeing how some specs are higher than the vita's (higher res screen, HDMI output) its certainly going to cost about or more than the vita to produce. also Nvidia doesnt make games, so they basically want to make a system that is profitable from hardware day one, resulting in the retail price to be even higher. so what do we have? a product that has no market for it. it has controls to play serious games but the games that is plays are simple low budget iOS or andriod games. its cost will put it head to head with tablets that play the same games and appeal to much more people and if u want it to simply play games on than you have vita and 3ds, wich are cheaper and play MUCH more games and MUCH BETTER games. there is NO market for it.

Thing is, this doesn't have to sell a monster amount of units to be a success.  Software for it isn't tied to it's suceess, it runs andoird and streams Steam which are both already successes.   It can be sold as a premium item at a premium cost, and as long as it, and Ouya, and the Archos gamepad, and all the other android with controller devices sell a decent amount COLLECTIVELY, then there will eb a market for more advanced Android games that use physical controls.  When that market exisits, more games will be made that take advantage of it.  Then the fun really begins.

Around the Network
Spazzy_D said:
bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
i honestly dont like to use the word flop, but this is going to flop hard

i asked that yesterday in the steambox thread, why do people know how many sales a device needs to be a flop or not? it's not as if it is made to play unique games on it which needs much support, it is made to play your pc games and android stuff on it, maybe even 100k sales would be enough, who knows?

i'm maybe interested in that, i could play borderlands 2 even more then (pezus already believes i'm crazy with that game)

well from the info that we have now i honestly think it wont be a success, looking at the specs they are pretty high, considering this wants to play andriod games it should be a quad core device, and seeing how some specs are higher than the vita's (higher res screen, HDMI output) its certainly going to cost about or more than the vita to produce. also Nvidia doesnt make games, so they basically want to make a system that is profitable from hardware day one, resulting in the retail price to be even higher. so what do we have? a product that has no market for it. it has controls to play serious games but the games that is plays are simple low budget iOS or andriod games. its cost will put it head to head with tablets that play the same games and appeal to much more people and if u want it to simply play games on than you have vita and 3ds, wich are cheaper and play MUCH more games and MUCH BETTER games. there is NO market for it.

Thing is, this doesn't have to sell a monster amount of units to be a success.  Software for it isn't tied to it's suceess, it runs andoird and streams Steam which are both already successes.   It can be sold as a premium item at a premium cost, and as long as it, and Ouya, and the Archos gamepad, and all the other android with controller devices sell a decent amount COLLECTIVELY, then there will eb a market for more advanced Android games that use physical controls.  When that market exisits, more games will be made that take advantage of it.  Then the fun really begins.

true and its to early to actually give a prediction, but from what i know now i feel it wont even make its money back. the competition is too high and strong, some things are just bound to fail. and i have a feeling its going to be these andriod products that want to offer an "advanced andriod experience". 

This thread and this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152416&page=9#3 don't both need to exist.

Will the wireless streams via your wifi network... In this case it will kill the bandwidth of all the others devices connected to the internet box/router via wifi

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

ktay95 said:

It's cool and all but the Shield Tablet has a better future. Well not sales wise but the eventual partnership it will being them. Like when Nintendo make a handheld/console hybrid called the Nintendo Switch. That's the future for their powerful mobile chips... Man I'm so hyped for when that day comes

I am from the fututre. You were right about the name and everything

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

It's cool and all but the Shield Tablet has a better future. Well not sales wise but the eventual partnership it will being them. Like when Nintendo make a handheld/console hybrid called the Nintendo Switch. That's the future for their powerful mobile chips... Man I'm so hyped for when that day comes

This has to be a old post that was edited or something right?

Theres just no way....

A ghost from the past?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Didnt see this was old news.Nevermind

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

ktay95 said:

Totally edited your post didn't you!

JRPGfan said:
ktay95 said:

This has to be a old post that was edited or something right?

Theres just no way....

It HAS to be an edit. Someone please look if there's any pots quoting this comment to see if he actually nailed it three years ago.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.