By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Who makes the best Asian movies?

Hong Kong and Japan..different strengths

have been seeing some really good korean movies as well...war of the arrows was great

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

^ I would also throw Red Cliff in there, but you should have some knowledge about chinese history (end of Han dynasty) for that (and it's very long, especially in the 2 part version)

I disagree about the knowledge beforehand thing, I'm Chinese-american, but I have no idea about chinese history, but I enjoyed Red Cliff, but then again, I'm a big action fan, and also John Woo fan.

Japan. And that's just because of Studio Ghibli.

Lafiel said:

.. are you guys kidding ? I like Hero,House of the flying Daggers and Red Cliff, but it's Japan by a landslide

even Akira Kurosawa's fantastic movies like Yojimbo, Shichinin no Samurai or Ran alone tip it into their favor, but additionally there are things like Zatoichi, the various horror movies like Ringu or Dark Water and ofcourse the ever fun Battle Royale

and I'm not even counting the fabulous anime movies from Ghibli and Satoshi Kon yet

Ah.....

Zatoichi....

I remember how it all started....

I heard about the series since I was little here in Hawaii, but I never really saw it.

Then Amazon.com was selling a box set of the first four movies for like 12 dollars, and I said "why not?!?"

So when I got it, my Mom and I watched it, and we really loved it.  And so I wanted to buy the next movie in the series, then I found out.....the 5th movie was 15.99 and so was every other movie.

But it was too late....

I had become Zatoichi-fied

And now, I am doomed to buy DVDs from Amazon at full price.

Damn you Amazon!!

Damn you to hell!!

Damn you and your devious little plan to get customers hooked on the first few parts and then screw them later on!!!

There's a little place in hell waiting for you....

LOL!!  btw, I have a need to own the official physical copies of the DVDs

Indian movies are also in Asia...

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Japan. And that's just because of Studio Ghibli.

Yeah, I'm going to be watching that princess nautical movie tomorrow with my old lady, I think that she'll like how that movie gives you that heartwarming kind of feeling.

hard topic to answer as each country has its strengths.

if im gonna go martial arts id say jackie chan from 70s and 80s and jet li later on.
horror, japanese movies. I think thai (maybe south korea i forget) are making some pretty decent horror movies.

I think someone mentioned battle royale

Did anyone think Hunger Games was too much like Battle royal?

Japan, SKorea, China in that order

I was hoping this was about drama series. Tch.

I don't care anything about all this martial arts stuff, I'd rather see beautiful women plotting different ways to get revenge.