By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are you Democrat or Republican?? Take the Quiz.

__XBrawlX__ said:
So this quiz says I'm 50% Democrat and 46% Republican. Problem is, while both parties have issues, I am certainly not 46% a republican. Questions on communism and big business being evil? Biased quiz is biased.

For comparison, giving similar answers to the second quiz got me a result of 89% democrat to 14% Republican.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network
sperrico87 said:

I scored 93% Republican, 13% Democrat.  Though that 13% mostly consists of not choosing either way and just selecting the middle bubble.

Some of the questions in the first quiz troubled me, for instance:

"Ministers have the right to endorse a presidential candidate during a public sermon."

Why shouldn't they?  Who supports regulating what ministers can and cannot say?  First Amendment, anybody?

"Doctors who have a moral objection to abortion may refuse to provide one and still keep their medical license."

I can't imagine why this would ever be an issue for people.  A great many people find abortion abhorrent and if they choose not to perform it, they shouldn't lose their license.  That's ridiculous.  

I can't believe some of these are even questions... has society just completely gone to hell?

No, they're rigged questions.  They're wording it in a way so you're like "That's absurd!"  and choose something that seems more "Republican"

For those questions, I answered "Disagree" to see how rigged it is, and I, in fact, got 0% Republican.

I'm a republican even though i don't know what it means,

MDMAlliance said:
sperrico87 said:

I scored 93% Republican, 13% Democrat.  Though that 13% mostly consists of not choosing either way and just selecting the middle bubble.

"Ministers have the right to endorse a presidential candidate during a public sermon."

Why shouldn't they?  Who supports regulating what ministers can and cannot say?  First Amendment, anybody?

"Doctors who have a moral objection to abortion may refuse to provide one and still keep their medical license."

I can't imagine why this would ever be an issue for people.  A great many people find abortion abhorrent and if they choose not to perform it, they shouldn't lose their license.  That's ridiculous.  

I can't believe some of these are even questions... has society just completely gone to hell?

No, they're rigged questions.  They're wording it in a way so you're like "That's absurd!"  and choose something that seems more "Republican"

For those questions, I answered "Disagree" to see how rigged it is, and I, in fact, got 0% Republican.

Regardless of how one words it, no one should lose their medical license for refusing to perform an abortion on moral grounds.  If a doctor is forced to perform an operation against their will, that's literally indentured servitude.

we take this quiz or one like it every yr. and from what i'm reading from the above posters, i won't be taking this quiz.

i'm a Dem. period as many quiz, and test have shown. i'm middle Liberal.

Around the Network
sperrico87 said:

For the second statement, I disagree. In the fairly rare case of a mother's life being at risk if an abortion is not performed, a doctor should certainly not be allowed to refuse the abortion. In more or less all other cases, I agree that the doctor should be alowed to refuse.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

sperrico87 said:
MDMAlliance said:
sperrico87 said:

Regardless of how one words it, no one should lose their medical license for refusing to perform an abortion on moral grounds.  If a doctor is forced to perform an operation against their will, that's literally indentured servitude.

That's the thing about the wording of the question,  it makes you THINK that's the situation.  It's not always so simple, like what Immortal said it is possible to be in a situation where an abortion is needed, where if the abortion isn't done the mother will die, and the baby wouldn't survive anyway.  

77 democrat

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Immortal said:
sperrico87 said:

For the second statement, I disagree. In the fairly rare case of a mother's life being at risk if an abortion is not performed, a doctor should certainly not be allowed to refuse the abortion. In more or less all other cases, I agree that the doctor should be alowed to refuse.

Agreed.  I think it's reasonable to assume though, that the question wasn't referring to the rare cases in which an abortion may be necessary to save the life of the mother.

sperrico87 said:
Immortal said:

Agreed.  I think it's reasonable to assume though, that the question wasn't referring to the rare cases in which an abortion may be necessary to save the life of the mother.

Exactly, and that's why it's a rigged question.  It makes you THINK that the argument is just about abortion in general.