By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so many Wii U doom threads?

Does this "doom" threads make sense?

Yes 35 24.65%

No 107 75.35%

Total:142

well the way i see it, some nintendo fans have been bashing sony/ms (mostly sony) fans for years over psp/ps3 and now the vita. ps3 and 360 fans have been going at it for years too. now a new console comes out and its selling less than the other consoles. now some ps3 fans who have been being mocked by some nintendo fans are just reacting or getting back to what some nintendo fans put them through. sounds pretty stupid right? well thats the way it is lol (sadly)

Around the Network

Could you link the threads, please? I haven't noticed that many "doom" threads. I've seen comparison threads and I've seen threads inviting people to analyze the situation, but that's kind of what this forum does.

M.U.G.E.N said:
lol guys there IS an official wiiu thread

The reason for this is thread is not to find a nice place to talk about the Wii U, I'm asking the question as to why so many "doom" threads in this short amount of time, when in reality it makes little sense. I'm sure you felt the same way with the Vita.

Nintendo and PC gamer

BasilZero said:

Welcome to the Internet...you must be new here.

Every game system gets trolled when it first comes out and eventually continues to get trolled in its first few years. Pretty sure people are still trolling the 3DS on other sites despite the better sales, most people just look at the gaming library and use that as a argument.

P.S. I voted Yes because that is the Circle of Life in Video Games discussion on the interwebz.

As an active forum poster I am new ;)

Nintendo and PC gamer

why not? is selling lower than expectations (i belive) like the 3ds, vita, ps3 it will get lots of doom opinions and news. When it start doing better it will stop. From now on enjoy the ride.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
lol guys there IS an official wiiu thread

The reason for this is thread is not to find a nice place to talk about the Wii U, I'm asking the question as to why so many "doom" threads in this short amount of time, when in reality it makes little sense.

Wasn't talking to you...was referring to the two people who mentioned it as if there isn't one. There is

and Bananaking said it well...it's a cycle. However I do think two things need to be noted

1. Nintendo did mess up on some areas...and getting criticized for it. For example the marketing, naming etc.

2. There's plenty of positive threads on wiiu too :S the last few we need to talk about it threads were to show how stupid such threads were when nintendo fans were doing it. So as far as I am concerned such threads just need to stop, on all fronts. Sadly I don't think it will happen tho

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Had a more successful launch than ps3 and 360, I wouldn't worry myself by reading those threads usually boils down obnoxious whining from children but the sad thing is you can't blame the children because they don't know any better and Etiquette alludes them.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

bananaking21 said:
well the way i see it, some nintendo fans have been bashing sony/ms (mostly sony) fans for years over psp/ps3 and now the vita. ps3 and 360 fans have been going at it for years too. now a new console comes out and its selling less than the other consoles. now some ps3 fans who have been being mocked by some nintendo fans are just reacting or getting back to what some nintendo fans put them through. sounds pretty stupid right? well thats the way it is lol (sadly)

I thought it was sega fanboys. They still blame nintendo and sony for dreamcast failing so they post so much doom and gloom on these two. I suspect some of these people still have some inner sega fanboy who think because sega went third party these two should as well. But the reality is it is so rare for brands as established as nintendo or playstation to fail. That is why I have consistently said vita will likely pull through in the end. Wii u is too early to bother thinking about.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

the WiiU would have been Do0m3D even if it sold more than Wii launch period -_-

don't you remember how Do0m3D the Wii, DS and 3DS was?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(