By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - End of the year results: PS3 outsold WiiU by 59% from launch

Thoughts?

Good sales for both! 30 34.09%

Good for PS3, bad for WiiU 41 46.59%

Bad for PS3, good for WiiU 9 10.23%

Bad sales for both! 3 3.41%

I have no opinion on the matter 5 5.68%

Total:88

Playstation fans get more retarded by the day.

moderated Kasz216

Around the Network
pezus said:
carlos3189 said:
Someone has to go back to school here... PS3 outsold WiiU by 41% not 59%...

Would that someone be you?

3.9/2.46 = 1.59

I see what u did there.. But that's a twisted reality, cause WiiU sold 63% of the PS3 totals... Pretty good for a brand new system against and already stabilized and cheaper machine...

pezus said:
carlos3189 said:
pezus said:
carlos3189 said:
Someone has to go back to school here... PS3 outsold WiiU by 41% not 59%...

Would that someone be you?

3.9/2.46 = 1.59

I see what u did there.. But that's a twisted reality, cause WiiU sold 63% of the PS3 totals... Pretty good for a brand new system against and already stabilized and cheaper machine...

It's not a twisted reality, this is just how what saying something outsold something by x% means...It's not my fault you misinterpret it.

Yup. 2.46/3.9=0.41

WiiU sold 41% of the PS3 and thus was outsold by 59%.

outsold by 59%
no surprise
because the Wuu I is 59% more expensive

pezus-  Wii U outsold PS3 by like double during the same time of it's life.  I like both consoles, but come on lol

Around the Network

Japan is pretty surprising. Let's see how it sells outside the holidays though. PS3 was never a beast in Japan anyway so Wii U selling well there isn't surprising since really it only has 1 competitor.(Sorry Xbox 360)

Europe is surprising as well but for another reason....is price really that much of an issue over there? I mean a $600(IDK what this is in Euros) PS3 sold very well at launch over there....

Wii U got dangerously close to PS3 sales in America this holiday. I think this will be its strongest market.

SxyxS said:
outsold by 59%
no surprise
because the Wuu I is 59% more expensive

If price was the only issue, then the Wii would dominate every holiday season.

pezus said:
BossFighter said:

pezus-  Wii U outsold PS3 by like double during the same time of it's life.  I like both consoles, but come on lol

This thread isn't comparing launches...but, no it wasn't even close to doubling if we align launches (with Europe for PS3 included). But if you want to play that game, I can also tell you that PS3 was almost twice as expensive.

No it's not comparing launches, but you made it just to show how much more the PS3 is selling than the Wii U.  And I'm saying, if you want to make a fair comparison, then compare launches, and in that case, the Wii U did better.  Yes, the PS3 was more expensive, but people had A LOT more money then also. 

If we Align lauches and include the 2006 NA/JAP launch of PS3 plus the 07 EURO launch the 600$ PS3 outsells the 300$ WIIU launch does it not?

There was hardly any advertisement. I think europeans arent even aware that a new system came out.