By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will double WiiU in sales until E3 (PS3 leading 4.2:1)

How will this battle end (Dec 30th-Jun 7th, vgchartz)?

PS3 will more than double WiiU sales 99 62.26%

PS3 will double WiiU sales 13 8.18%

S3 will sell ~50% more than WiiU 7 4.40%

PS3 and WiiU will sell the same (essentially) 10 6.29%

WiiU will sell 50% more than PS3 8 5.03%

WiiU will double PS3 sales 13 8.18%

Other 9 5.66%

Total:159

Seems a pretty safe bet now. Too bad The Last of Us has been postponed after E3, the gap would have been hell wider...

Around the Network

Everyone on here should keep propping the wii u up on a pedestal. It makes for epic lulz down the road. 

Looks like your prediction's gonna be off by a significant margin if these sales continue...

I voted between double and even last time, but I think it's pretty safe to say there's nothing coming out for the Wii U between now and June that will change the overall dynamic at this point. So I chose more than double this time.

Still think Nintendo can turn things around long term, though. It's just a question of whether they will.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

pezus said:

PS3 adjusted up by around 250k this week it seems and is now leading 3.7:1

there were some adjustments?

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Personally, I think the PS3 will sell more than double the WiiU, however, what I want to know is:

Why does everyone see Pikmin 3 as the WiiU's savior game or something to that degree anyway?

because its currently the biggest game announced for it

bananaking21 said:
Bristow9091 said:
Personally, I think the PS3 will sell more than double the WiiU, however, what I want to know is:

Why does everyone see Pikmin 3 as the WiiU's savior game or something to that degree anyway?

That's pretty sad... Poor Wii U. :

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
bananaking21 said:
Bristow9091 said:

That's pretty sad... Poor Wii U. :

i should mentiond exclusive game. since watch dogs is coming out on WiiU as well. but yeah, the game releases for the system looks horrible 

@pezus- I think is safe to say that u were correct on ur prediction

PS3: 3,877,746

Wii U: 899,127

4.3:1

First page is kind of funny in retrospect.  I wonder how different things would have been if the thread had been a week later when the post holiday drop had been fully realized.