By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

forevercloud3000 said:
Panama said:
All that matters is the combat and that 89% review claimed it's no where near as fluid as the original DMC games, so all that praise for the level design seems rather moot. Hopefully the PC version running at 60fps makes the game more fluid as I couldn't tolerate the gameplay in the demo on my PS3, as it felt too slow and disjointed.

What is this obsession currently with making DMC 60fps? Were the original games even that? Having 60fps only matters in a game with Online where every minute second of control counts either for or against you. If the game is singleplayer title with a consistant framerate to reduce Screen tearing what is the deal?

I feel like this is a ho hum argument drummed up against DmC to put it down. I played the demo and I very fondly remember playing the first 4 as well. Dante has always had a sense of jittery-ness to him. Many of his attacks cause pauses between executions. This is nothing new. New Dante moves just as well if not better than previous versions with unique combo system added in for extra flair. Say what you want about Dante's design and the script, but aesthetic and combat are right on the money.

It feels like the pleebs who swear Heavenly Sword was a button masher all over again, when the game is very obviously anything but for a person who fully played it. The game actively fights AGAINST button mashing with the fact everyone is defaultly in block mode.

I hate NT and their smug faces these days too, but lets call a spade a spade shall we...

Yes 1, 3 and 4 did run at 60 fps, never played 2 and don't want to. It's very important for action games with timed combos to run at 60fps. GoW3 devs opted for 720p instead of 1080p specifically for it to run at 60fps, most of time anyway. Bayonetta on the 360 runs at 60fps and 30fps on the PS3, guess which is the preferred version even after the load time fix? Also NG1-3 all run at 60fps, 3 tries to anyway. Metal Gear Revengeance runs at 60fps. As you can see it's just a genre standard, so naturally people would prefer 60fps, it's not exactly a necessity though but rather a preference.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Byrand said:

Yet another reason why I won't trust reviews.

What did the tweet say originally?

I am pretty sure it was something about thanking reviewers like the Xbox 360 magazine for positive reviews.

Not sure if this review counts, but 'The Sun' UK newspaper publication has awarded DmC with a 9/10. Here is the review:

"In DMC, you play Dante, the son of Sparda, who finds himself hunted by the god Mundus.

Dante is trapped in Limbo; a plain of existence sandwiched between the real world and hell, and it’s down to our black-haired, sparkly eyed protagonist to rescue the human race from the brink of extinction.

But to do that, he'll need to face down hordes of demons and freakish abominations.

Combat is crucial to DmC, so you’ll be relieved to hear Ninja Theory have it spot-on. With depth and substance invested, both remaining faithful to the series while adding new, potential favourites, DmC is lively, vicious and outrageous.

Dante can call upon the powers of his parents, using both Angel and Demonic weapons. From swinging scythes, to furious fists, each power can be developed, upgraded and empowered with stronger attacks and better fighting combinations as Dante earns orbs from his battles.

Even the guns get some variety, with a new needler weapon that fires sticky projectiles to enemies, then obliterates them.

Of course, it also wouldn’t be Devil May Cry without a few punishing boss battles and DmC understands the importance of both build-up and delivery.

It’s always very clear who Dante is scheduled to face, and after hacking through hordes of henchmen the delivery ends up both intimidating and exciting in equal measure.

DmC is as good, if not better than any Devil May Cry title before it. With a hard-hitting story, creative, engaging combat, and overwhelming energy, DmC is kicking off 2013 in rip-roaring, high-octane fashion."

Yup good reviews so far, good way to put the haters to silence. I had a feeling this game would get good reviews but people will still find a way to complain just because they changed the main character. Get over it already.

KingofRome said:
Yup good reviews so far, good way to put the haters to silence. I had a feeling this game would get good reviews but people will still find a way to complain just because they changed the main character. Get over it already.

Very nice reviews, and I am really looking foward to the game. But theres a couple of things that I've heard are a bit dissapointing. I was hoping this would become one of the best games this console generation, hopefully it still will. I can see it being a 9/10 game, but not a 10/10 game.

Beware apparently the ending has been leaked online, I don't want any spoilers in this thread.

Around the Network
KingofRome said:

And DmC fanboys as usual thinks that the only reason people hates this game is because of the main character.

It's actually the least of the issues.

http://dmc-is-bad.tumblr.com/post/39269026644

Read this.

Also http://www.formspring.me/ChipCheezum/q/413954565591811864

KingofRome said:
I had a feeling this game would get good reviews but people will still find a way to complain just because they changed the main character. Get over it already.

Well they only changed his hair actually lol.

Personality wise Dante had different persona in every single game from the:

Mysterious dark hero from DMC1 (that one I liked),

The emo/suicidal/depressing Dante found in DMC2

The cool sarcastic american type hero in DMC3

The annoying clown in DMC4.

With DMC4 setting the bar too low NT will have to make lots of effort for me to hate the new Dante :P

As for his white hair NT said that the game tells the story why his hair will turn white (maybe we won't have to wait until the ending for that)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Byrand said:

And DmC fanboys as usual thinks that the only reason people hates this game is because of the main character.

Read this.

I read most of the first one; its mostly just opinions. I've played all the DMC games, S ranked every DMC1 mission on DMD mode, and I've spent a substantial amount of time with DMC3.

After DMC4 I felt this reboot was needed.

If theres a specific concern you have I'll try my best to discuss the matter. But I'm not going to take some fan made article as hard facts. Its mostly opinions rather than an objective examination of the game.

A203D said:
Byrand said:

Read this.

I read most of the first one; its mostly just opinions. I've played all the DMC games, S ranked every DMC1 mission on DMD mode, and I've spent a substantial amount of time with DMC3.

After DMC4 I felt this reboot was needed.

If theres a specific concern you have I'll try my best to discuss the matter. But I'm not going to take some fan made article as hard facts. Its mostly opinions rather than an objective examination of the game.

I completely agree with that copy-pasta. Forget about the characters and story DMC is more about gameplay and the new DmC is slow and too easy (even in hard mode), new-Dante's moveset is a step down from DMC4 and getting the SSS in the style meter should be about crazy complex combos not damage, they made it too 'casual'.

That copy-pasta is a gathering of all the legitimate complaints the fans have with this game. We always knew it would receive high scores because most reviewers are casual players and in this day and age where FF13 and Ninja Gaiden 3 both get a 39/40 from famitsu and GTA4 a 10/10 from Gamespot scores are not the golden rule anymore, I'll prefer to believe DMC tournament player Brea when she said "I need DMC5".

BTW: I won't spoil the ending but I'll just say is the most boring and bland thing I seen in a while.

Rafux said:

I completely agree with that copy-pasta. Forget about the characters and story DMC is more about gameplay and the new DmC is slow and too easy (even in hard mode), new-Dante's moveset is a step down from DMC4 and getting the SSS in the style meter should be about crazy complex combos not damage, they made it too 'casual'.

That copy-pasta is a gathering of all the legitimate complaints the fans have with this game. We always knew it would receive high scores because most reviewers are casual players and in this day and age where FF13 and Ninja Gaiden 3 both get a 39/40 from famitsu and GTA4 a 10/10 from Gamespot scores are not the golden rule anymore, I'll prefer to believe DMC tournament player Brea when she said "I need DMC5".

BTW: I won't spoil the ending but I'll just say is the most boring and bland thing I seen in a while.

I actually thought the articles raised some good points. Its not that I think DmC will be a bad action game. It will probably be average to above-average, but its not going to be a good DMC game......the gameplay is what concerns me. It just seems broken between the lack of weapon balancing, style meter, and seemingly infinite aerial combat.

I'm hesitant to say it, but it seems like a developer got their hands on a game without any idea about what makes that game work. You can clealy see that they are trying to mimic DMC in a lot of ways, but its also clear that there are fundamentally not understanding what makes an action game, like DMC, Bayonetta, or Ninja Gaiden work.....or they could understand and not care because they want to attract a more casual crowd.