By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Important new Pokemon announcement on January 8 (Pokemon Gen 6?)

AlphaCielago said:
I'm starting to think that it will be Gen III, with a release date of June in Japan and between October-November elsewhere, depending on what Nintendo will be cooking up for the latter half of the year.

June will be the release date for Monster Hunter. Consequently, Nintendo does not need to release their ''AAA'' that quarter. If we follow similar Pokemon game releases, Japan is in September and North America is in March (maybe NOA would like to have that in December maybe to push the 3DS sales)

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
I just wish that someday Nintendo gets more ambitious with Pokemon and breaks their formula.

is including every pokemon from every generation into one game so hard to ask?

That is what I actually have been wanting since Diamond/Pearl released. Black/White was definately a step back compared to other gens, it was too linear and it lacked post-content compared to other titles, bar the orignal Gen I

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Vinniegambini said:
AlphaCielago said:
I'm starting to think that it will be Gen III, with a release date of June in Japan and between October-November elsewhere, depending on what Nintendo will be cooking up for the latter half of the year.

June will be the release date for Monster Hunter. Consequently, Nintendo does not need to release their ''AAA'' that quarter. If we follow similar Pokemon game releases, Japan is in September and North America is in March (maybe NOA would like to have that in December maybe to push the 3DS sales)

Then why should they reveal this title early for the rest of the world, I can understand it concerning Japan. If not in June, then I think it might be released in July or August, while having a release date WW during November - December, it seems to me that the translation team has been quicker lately. I am 100% certain that this title will be released this year in the bigger markets.

These games are pretty much the same just with inferior designs for the Pokemon each game.

Aside from everything that I have posted, I also believe that this title will show us 3D models, like Rumble Blast and Mystery Dungeon 3 has presented. I feel like they were the testing grounds for how they would model a full game and this game if it is Gen III Remake, will be a model for Gen VI.

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:
Vinniegambini said:
AlphaCielago said:

Then why should they reveal this title early for the rest of the world, I can understand it concerning Japan. If not in June, then I think it might be released in July or August, while having a release date WW during November - December, it seems to me that the translation team has been quicker lately. I am 100% certain that this title will be released this year in the bigger markets.

Togepi was introduced in Gen 1 but was not playable until 3 years down the line in Pokemon Gold and Silver.... It's Nintendo, they like to announce things in advance lol Smash Bros and Luigi's Mansion?

Hoenn was by FAR the best region imo.
So I would love a 3rd Gen remake.
My childhood would fly back to me...

Vinniegambini said:
AlphaCielago said:
Vinniegambini said:
AlphaCielago said:

Togepi was introduced in Gen 1 but was not playable until 3 years down the line in Pokemon Gold and Silver.... It's Nintendo, they like to announce things in advance lol Smash Bros and Luigi's Mansion?

Well I did not know about that, regarding SSB and LMansion I mean, so thanks!

Despite that, it should not be much of a shock that Gen II released 3 years later. It is a new Gen after all, they needed to create new Pokémon and a new region and update the visuals aswell. With Gen III, they actually hardly need to translate anything except for new content and faulty grammar.

I`m not a fan of Pokemon, but seeing as everyone seems to want a Gen 3 remake (or whatever that means :D), what if it was in fact a remake of both games (it`s two games, right?) and one of them came to 3DS and the other to Wii U and you could exchange data between both games?

I suppose the vast majority buys just one version. So, this could be a way to make people have a reason to buy both versions.
of course, both remakes would be available for both 3DS and Wii U. That way people could choose which option they want for the two consoles.

Could be a great way to see if there`s a market for this strategy and could help the development of SSB4 - which is coming for 3DS and Wii U.

Ocealot said:
These games are pretty much the same just with inferior designs for the Pokemon each game.

Like 90% of FPS these days.Some of them even use an Engine from 1999 and somehow manage to sell 25 Million Units with every copy+paste update.

At least Pokemon somehow is great for kids unlike those Military FPS.