By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New Zelda to be more like... Twilight?!

Pavolink said:
Honestly, I doubt Nintendo will show Zelda U this year. Most likely Mario Kart U, Retro Project and maybe Super Smash U. For 3DS Zelda is more reasonable, but it could be in the GDC and more gameplay at E3 like the DS games.

This year will be 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Retro Project, with Mario Kart due for early next year, basically mirroring Wii's 2007, with Bayonetta in there to help out.

The question is how much faster they'll be able to turn Zelda around this time.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:
Honestly, I doubt Nintendo will show Zelda U this year. Most likely Mario Kart U, Retro Project and maybe Super Smash U. For 3DS Zelda is more reasonable, but it could be in the GDC and more gameplay at E3 like the DS games.

This year will be 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Retro Project, with Mario Kart due for early next year, basically mirroring Wii's 2007, with Bayonetta in there to help out.

Yeah, I think I would go mad if I had to wait 5 years again.

Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:

3D Mario this year could be if they are in panic mode and ready to launch. Sounds more plausible to be for Holiday 2014.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

history shows that 3D zelda games go like OOT,MM normal graphics ,WW cellshading , TP normal , SS cellshading...

and the thing is that cellshading zelda games sell less so i expect normal graphics and call this rumor BS lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Point 4 is proof this rumour is nonsense. That's ridiculous. Sure, they may go further with the Link/Zelda relationship in the next game, but I don't believe for a second they think gamers would want them to be inspired by Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey (this in particular) for a Zelda 'romance'.

That said, I'd love for point 1 to become reality, but it's unrealistic. Zelda games aren't developed so quickly.

Point 2 could become true, it wouldn't matter either way, I think the Skyward Sword style has a lot of potential with the WiiU's power, but I thought the 2011 tech-demo looked great too. Given Nintendo's history with Zelda tech-demoes, the final product will look a lot better even!

Point 3 is realistic. It's likely this is indeed their concern. Personally I think they should just implement the Skyward Sword control scheme and a new control scheme based on the GamePad simultaneously.
I've said this before, they could use the second analog stick to control Link's sword like the Motion Plus does. The groundwork is already there; in the Zelda Battle Quest and Game & Watch Octopus (movement of the arms by using analog sticks) mini-games of Nintendo Land. The game wouldn't even need to prompt the player to choose one of these two options: They're activated at the same time all the time. A player lays down the GamePad and picks up the WiiMote if they want motion control, a player lays down the WiiMote and picks up the GamePad for 'stick-control'.

Point 5 is a debate that's going on since Ocarina of Time. So it's obvious to include this in a 'rumour'.

Point 6 is also an easy guess. It's likely Ganon will return again in some form or another, it's been over 6 years since he was in a game already, will be 8 by the time this game comes out.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
history shows that 3D zelda games go like OOT,MM normal graphics ,WW cellshading , TP normal , SS cellshading...

and the thing is that cellshading zelda games sell less so i expect normal graphics and call this rumor BS lol

In that sense, looks like Nintendo didn't learn. TP had that style because of fans, and is now on the best sellers in the series.

If they want to sell and appeal they should go with the Zelda U demo or the first Zelda Wii artwork artstyle.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile