By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Fiscal Cliff negotiations in one chart.

More or less shows how the democrats crushed the republicans on this one.

Around the Network

hell they should of just gone with plan b. i am amazed at what happened, and scared for what it means for the United States.

What about Obama #3 damn it?!

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Look how close they all are. And not one of them even scratches the national debt.

Aren't these numbers over 10 years? Meaning the real numbers are $10 Billion in interest savings, $3.3 Billion in spending cuts, and $63.2 Billion in tax increases to solve a $1,000+ Billion deficit? Aren't over half of those tax increases already spoken for in terms of other spending increases?

Around the Network

Deck chairs.

HappySqurriel said:
Aren't these numbers over 10 years? Meaning the real numbers are $10 Billion in interest savings, $3.3 Billion in spending cuts, and $63.2 Billion in tax increases to solve a $1,000+ Billion deficit? Aren't over half of those tax increases already spoken for in terms of other spending increases?

Yeah, it was meaningless on both sides to actually tackling the debt.  I just found the chart interesting though from a "who won" perspective.

Essentially the Republicans didn't get anything.

They got crushed really.

It's kinda funny really when everyone was talking about how they were the ones unwilling to move.

I really hope a lot of incumbent republicans get the boot and that the tea party gains some ground. We need a fiscally conservative party again. regardless of their social views we need someone to reign in spending in the government.

it makes me laugh at how much more similar obama/boehner 1/2/3 are compared to the final deal.

You'd think Boehner 2 and Obama 3 were sufficiently similar that they would be able to work out a deal that actually DID something. Just look at the last two; they are paltry compared to the others.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective