By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony trolled again. Youtube vids moved to vevo

ZaneWane said:
so other thread was fake

yeah too bad they definitwly wont be sued now.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
So if I understand this right, Sony and Universal had non VEVO channels, youtube cut the viewing number count, meaning less ad revenue needing be paid, so Sony and Universal moved there vids to VEVO with an apparent threat to take the entire thing elsewhere, completely robbing youtube of all the possible ad revenue VEVO currently makes?

kind of. Sony had moved all their vids to vevo, but their total views were still showing as 850m. Youtube has a policy that hits cannot be associated with videos that are no longer available on their URL. Sony had already moved their vids first, youtube was simply removing views from videos that dont exist, since those views were already on vevo.

If anyone, Id say youtube is doing this in retaliation, though it likely won't do much, and is probably just policy.

KylieDog said:
So if I understand this right, Sony and Universal had non VEVO channels, youtube cut the viewing number count, meaning less ad revenue needing be paid, so Sony and Universal moved there vids to VEVO with an apparent threat to take the entire thing elsewhere, completely robbing youtube of all the possible ad revenue VEVO currently makes?

hmmm no...
edit
nevermind first part

Sony and Universal are threating to take all the vevo video elsewhere (facebook, apple, microsoft), completely robbing youtube of all the possible ad revenue VEVO currently makes.. but they are doing this for years... in the end it always end in a stallmate cause while others could take a lower cut then 35% then youtube they can't guarantee the amount of traffic youtube can.. going against the largest video site when users don't give a f*ck if they are watching the official video or a rip isn't the smartest idea and if it would happen you can count on it that youtube will lower their awesome copyright infrigment software, which took hunderds of millions of dollars to build and the competition doesn't have..  a bit lower to zero..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
KylieDog said:

hmmm no...
edit
nevermind first part

Sony and Universal are threating to take all the vevo video elsewhere (facebook, apple, microsoft), completely robbing youtube of all the possible ad revenue VEVO currently makes.. but they are doing this for years... in the end it always end in a stallmate cause while others could take a lower cut then 35% then youtube they can't guarantee the amount of traffic youtube can.. going against the largest video site when users don't give a f*ck if they are watching the official video or a rip isn't the smartest idea and if it would happen you can count on it that youtube will lower their awesome copyright infrigment software, which took hunderds of millions of dollars to build and the competition doesn't have..  a bit lower to zero..

This. I'm sure people will find a way to keep those videos on youtube, with cooperation from google.

yeah what nikkom said.
youtube is im a precarious position of catch-22s.
If they lower rates it will hurt their bottom line big time, and if they lose vevo they'll lose all their rates, while if vevo goes to apple (the most likely competitor, sony may lose a bit, but youtube will lose much more.

There's some old saying like spite someone by knicking your thumb or something. Similar situation.

Around the Network

Despicable*

*Talking about the troll article writer this time

miz1q2w3e said:

Despicable*

*Talking about the troll article writer this time

lol, you should've just repeated the same comment, no explanation required ;D

Is Vevo a music company?

Nsanity said:
Is Vevo a music company?

It's like a content delivery system working within youtube somehow.

Gangnam style, justin beiber, beyonce....are all vevo on youtube

First: I can't believe some people don't know Vevo lol they rule Youtube.

Second: A while after Vevo was made many of those companies views transferred to Vevo so I guess this isn't a new thing.

Lastly: I don't think Youtube can just upload these music videos from different channels, Vevo owns them they'll sue.