By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony trolled again. Youtube vids moved to vevo

Kresnik said:
sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:

sales2099 said:

Never heard of vevo. So naturally Id say this is more harm then good.

What?  Have you never been on youtube?!

offcourse I have. I just type in the name of a song and watch it on the first link I see. Please educate me on how vevo factors in to youtube.

It was just a joke, since I am aware you have a youtube account.  Calm down.

Euphoria's post pretty much sums up how VEVO factors into youtube.

was genuinely curious, not mad or anything. thx.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:
sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:

sales2099 said:

offcourse I have. I just type in the name of a song and watch it on the first link I see. Please educate me on how vevo factors in to youtube.

Vevo is so big that google is doing everything they can to keep vevo a part of youtube. Vevo has the upper hand here.

@OP: Sony runs Vevo.

Cub said:
sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:
sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:

sales2099 said:

Vevo is so big that google is doing everything they can to keep vevo a part of youtube. Vevo has the upper hand here.@OP: Sony runs Vevo.

isnt sony in partnership with youtube and universal on vevo?

sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:
sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:

sales2099 said:

w

So is it safe to say you've been educated, or schooled?

theprof00 said:
Cub said:
sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:
sales2099 said:
Kresnik said:

sales2099 said:

Vevo is so big that google is doing everything they can to keep vevo a part of youtube. Vevo has the upper hand here.@OP: Sony runs Vevo.

Universal and Sony are the founders (probably a third company is involved I forgot lol), youtube is just a platform that delivers the content. The deal between Vevo and google expired days ago, Vevo wants a better deal or they are taking their videos somewhere else, maybe have their own site? I dunno. I am sure google will cave in.

I am not certain but I think youtube didn't turn profit until recently when vevo and other companies came along

Around the Network

theprof00 said:

VEVO is a joint partnership between Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Abu Dhabi Media Company and E1 Entertainment.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

well that would explain whysony pulled nearly 100% of their hits and moved them to vevo.

Cub said:

Universal and Sony are the founders (probably a third company is involved I forgot lol), youtube is just a platform that delivers the content. The deal between Vevo and google expired days ago, Vevo wants a better deal or they are taking their videos somewhere else, maybe have their own site? I dunno. I am sure google will cave in.

I am not certain but I think youtube didn't turn profit until recently when vevo and other companies came along

Youtube used to lose money before Google bought them. Even after they still lost money. So, if they are profiting now, I would think it has a lot to do with VEVO and the music videos.

Anyways, you can view those videos on www.VEVO.com or download the VEVO app from the Google Play store or the AppStore.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Vevo founder and current CEO of Sony Music Entertainment, Doug Morris, is frustrated over YouTube’s high revenue share rate. So frustrated that he has threatened to withdraw Vevo from YouTube. The LA Times has learned that Vevo is considering taking its business to a competing video platform if Google does not comply and lower its cut of advertising revenue.

The Vevo music video channel is the most-viewed YouTube partner property to date, according to comScore’s latest (May 2012) YouTube partner online video ranking. The channel was also second most engaging YouTube property with viewers spending approximately 55.1 minutes per viewer on Vevo. It’s a channel that has remained profitable for both YouTube and Vevo thanks to its deal with Google that enabled Vevo to set its own ad rate, higher than what YouTube was charging its advertisers. With both factors combined, Google would lose what could easily be its top revenue generating channel. It’s a relationship that’s highly reminiscent of Zynga, which first lived on Facebook and generated 15 percent of Facebook’s total revenue in Q1 2012.

“YouTube has been good partners. They’re just extracting too much money for the enterprise to work properly. The videos are expensive to produce. And there are many mouths to feed on our end. You have to pay the artist, the record companies, the publishers,” Morris told the L.A. Times.

According to a LA Times source who is familiar with the matter, Vevo has been weighing its options and among the properties eager to take away Vevo from Google are Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, and Amazon. “They stand a chance of losing the deal,” Morris added.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/vevo-may-leave-youtube/#ixzz2GpbQ0Chq

theprof00 said:
well that would explain whysony pulled nearly 100% of their hits and moved them to vevo.

Vevo youtube ad space is waaaaaaaaaayyy more expensive then the normal youtube adspace..

more hits = more popular video = higher in search = more chance to be viewed = higher traffic =  more ad revenue

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)