By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That sucks so much monkey balls! My wii just crapped out!

I'm one of the lucky few who's wii decided to bite it. No More Heroes comes out tomorrow, guess who's playing it. NOT ME. I went to play some Smash Bros Melee (thanks to stupid Benkenobi...) and when I turned it on, it locked up on the channel screen after about 5 seconds. Rebooted it, same deal. Tried again, didn't even make it past the "press A" screen. Won't play for more than a few seconds.

My friend was playing RE:4 the Sunday and left it on Standby (why won't he learn to turn it off!?) And I didn't notice until just now. It was pretty warm, but I used to leave it on standby for weeks at a time before I learned that it wasn't actually off. Now it won't play. DAMNIT ALL TO HELL.

I'll call Nintendo tomorrow and hopefully they will just fix it hassle free. I better have it back before March though or I will be damn pissed! More than I already am I mean!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Do you have any other systems to play while it's gone?

I've never had a problem with the stanby mode. Mine has been on standby (or on) since launch.

Sucks to hear that....the good thing is I heard Nintendo customer service is pretty quick.

I always leave mine on Standby. I'm really sorry that happened to you. If it's any consolation, my Gamecube stopped working before I got my Wii, so I couldn't play any Gamecube games for months.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

super_etecoon said:
I've never had a problem with the stanby mode. Mine has been on standby (or on) since launch.

Sucks to hear that....the good thing is I heard Nintendo customer service is pretty quick.

I don't think there really is a standby problem. Mine has been in standby mode any time I'm not playing since launch.  And I've had periods of time that I haven't played for a couple weeks.

Sorry to hear though.  I've only heard good things about Nintendo's customer service too though

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

I don't think the standby thing is a rampant problem, but I've heard a few stories. And seeing as how it worked fine two days ago, was on standby, no longer working, makes me kind of blame that.

I went to their support site, and luckily it looks like I'm still under warranty (I knew I should be, but I never trust companies and their warranties) and after filling out a small form they sent me a confirmation e-mail saying they will mail me a UPS box to ship them my wii in. According to the message it will take 4-10 days to get the box, then when they receive it, it will take 7-10 days to repair, and then they will send it back. So I'm looking at a good 2-3 weeks, wiiless.

Damn. I do have my PC, so I guess I'll just catch up on some stuff I missed. I never did get bioshock, I guess I'll get that instead of NMH for now. Damn, I wanted me some No More Heroes though.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
According to the message it will take 4-10 days to get the box.

Assuming you have a spare box and some tape you can just ask for a shipping label and shave a few days off the process.

The_vagabond7 said:
I don't think the standby thing is a rampant problem, but I've heard a few stories. And seeing as how it worked fine two days ago, was on standby, no longer working, makes me kind of blame that.

Yeah, but seeing as how you used to leave it on standby for weeks at a time and it only just now failed, I think it's just a coincidence that it happened to be on standby just before it failed.  I also don't think there's a problem with WiiConnect24, because I haven't seen any real evidence for it.

Stop by my thread later and share your experience with Nintendo support. 

Well I'm pissed and I can blame whatever I want, even if it's magic spaghetti wizards destroying my wii!

I will stop by later after I've gotten my wii back, and comment on your thread.

I had a 9 day turnaround (including the weekend) when I returned mine. The longest part was the time it was in the post.