By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official 2013 Console sales prediction thread- It's Nearly Over!

kain_kusanagi said:

I have no interest in Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, or Pokemon. I do like Castelvania but with the way the series has been going I'm now a wait a see kind of guy with them.

Maybe I'm the minority. Maybe Animal Crossing sells consoles. Maybe Luigi's Mansion is just as popular as Mario 3D Land. It's possible. But I'm going by whether I and people like me would be excited for the 3DS this year. As of right now there's nothing for me. Pokemon will be big, that is certain.

You're in that case. Those games will sell consoles.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
tbone51 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MDMAlliance said:
kain_kusanagi said:
3DS- 9m

WiiU- 8m

PS3- 6m

360- 7m

Vita- 3m

NextBox- 3m

PS4- 3m

Wii- 2m

DS- 2m

PSP-1m

I'll bet you any amount of money that the 3DS will sell more than your prediction of 9m for 2013, especially now that Pokemon will come out this year.

Pokemon X/Y changes things. 3DS is going to be huge this year.

3DS-12 m

WiiU- 8m

PS3- 6m

360- 7m

Vita- 3m

NextBox- 3m

PS4- 3m

Wii- 2m

DS- 2m

PSP-1m

im just askin but wat made you think 3DS is only gonna get 9mil? (b4 pokemon announcement)

Nothing coming out this year appeals to me. That's still true becuase I don't play Pokemon, but Pokemon is huge so the 3DS will do big numbers this year. I bought my 3DS XL for my favorite Nintendo games. I have Mario 3D Land, Zelda OoT, Star Fox 64 3D, etc. I'm hoping for a Metroid or a Mario 3D Land 2, or a new Zelda or something in my favorite series. Pokemon is that game for others, not me, but it will sell 3DS machines.

Ok? but thts your appeal. Look at 2012, wat did they have? KIU, RE revelations, NSMB2, Paper Mario, AC in japan only its first 8weeks! 3DS sold close to 14mil! Now this year, NSMB2 is still pushing a little hardware, AC hasn't been out all other regions yet and is still selling hotcakes in japan, Fire emblem in other regions with free dlc for a time (certain map), Luigi mansion will push hardware alot, Another Nintendo IP if not 2 probably be shown at E3, Japan gets MH and DQ7. And Now pokemon alone will push 3DS alot!!! 3DS will do 9mil before Sept comes!

Hey, where can I find last years predictions?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

kain_kusanagi said:
NintendoPie said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Well, you're on the optimistic side and I'm on the cautious side. It will probably be somewhere inbetween. If Nintendo shows some kick ass stuff for the 3DS at E3 and its coming out this year than it could be much higher than you predict. But if Nintendo has nothing for us other than Pokemon it could do less than I estimate if kids today really are playing $0 to $1 tablet games instead.

There is more than Pokemon coming out for the 3DS this year.

Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Castlevania, and that is just a few.

I have no interest in Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, or Pokemon. I do like Castelvania but with the way the series has been going I'm now a wait a see kind of guy with them.

Maybe I'm the minority. Maybe Animal Crossing sells consoles. Maybe Luigi's Mansion is just as popular as Mario 3D Land. It's possible. But I'm going by whether I and people like me would be excited for the 3DS this year. As of right now there's nothing for me. Pokemon will be big, that is certain.

Ok nothing against your appeal but this is predictions for hardware this year, Everyone counts! Like if i dont like Halo, That doesn't mean i think X360 will sell less it means alot more!!!

DanneSandin said:

Wats your predictions? i want to compare!!!

Around the Network

PS3 - ~ 9,000,000M

Wii U - ~ 9,110,000M

360 - ~ 7,200,000M

Wii - ~ 2,650,000M

PSV - ~ 6,450,000M

DS - ~ 2,510,000M

PSP - ~ 1,650,000M

720 - ~ 2,220,000M

PS4 - ~ N/A

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

→3DS - ~ 25,510,000M←

Im dead serious!

tbone51 said:
DanneSandin said:

I'm working on it ;) as of right now it's:

360: 7.150

720: 2.36

PS3: 9.250

PS4: 2.175

Wii: 3.250

Wii U: 11.6

DS: 2.7

3DS: 18.5

PSP: 1.550

PSV: 6.5

BUT, all of this might/will change!

DanneSandin said:
tbone51 said:
DanneSandin said:

It seems like 3DS's min is 14mil now and max is 20mil (prediction wise), You bet more than me on wii u, i rather you win that prediction than me

tbone51 said:
DanneSandin said:
tbone51 said:
DanneSandin said:

It seems like 3DS's min is 14mil now and max is 20mil (prediction wise), You bet more than me on wii u, i rather you win that prediction than me

I rather your 3DS prediction comes true! I doubt it however ^^ but I sure would like that 2012 Prediction...

Last year's thread:

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.