By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official 2013 Console sales prediction thread- It's Nearly Over!

kain_kusanagi said:
MDMAlliance said:
kain_kusanagi said:
3DS- 9m

WiiU- 8m

PS3- 6m

360- 7m

Vita- 3m

NextBox- 3m

PS4- 3m

Wii- 2m

DS- 2m

PSP-1m

I'll bet you any amount of money that the 3DS will sell more than your prediction of 9m for 2013, especially now that Pokemon will come out this year.

Pokemon X/Y changes things. 3DS is going to be huge this year.

3DS-12 m

WiiU- 8m

PS3- 6m

360- 7m

Vita- 3m

NextBox- 3m

PS4- 3m

Wii- 2m

DS- 2m

PSP-1m

im just askin but wat made you think 3DS is only gonna get 9mil? (b4 pokemon announcement)

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:

3DS-12 m

What's your definition of huge? Because 12 Million sales is not it.

tbone51 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MDMAlliance said:
kain_kusanagi said:
3DS- 9m

WiiU- 8m

PS3- 6m

360- 7m

Vita- 3m

NextBox- 3m

PS4- 3m

Wii- 2m

DS- 2m

PSP-1m

I'll bet you any amount of money that the 3DS will sell more than your prediction of 9m for 2013, especially now that Pokemon will come out this year.

3DS-12 m

WiiU- 8m

PS3- 6m

360- 7m

Vita- 3m

NextBox- 3m

PS4- 3m

Wii- 2m

DS- 2m

PSP-1m

im just askin but wat made you think 3DS is only gonna get 9mil? (b4 pokemon announcement)

Nothing coming out this year appeals to me. That's still true becuase I don't play Pokemon, but Pokemon is huge so the 3DS will do big numbers this year. I bought my 3DS XL for my favorite Nintendo games. I have Mario 3D Land, Zelda OoT, Star Fox 64 3D, etc. I'm hoping for a Metroid or a Mario 3D Land 2, or a new Zelda or something in my favorite series. Pokemon is that game for others, not me, but it will sell 3DS machines.

gotta keep this tagged... predictions incoming later

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

NintendoPie said:
kain_kusanagi said:

3DS-12 m

What's your definition of huge? Because 12 Million sales is not it.

With all the kids this last Christmas asking for Tablets I think 12m dedicated handhelds is pretty huge considering that the big fans like myself already have their 3DS or 3DS XL in my case. Angry Birds was downloaded  something like 50 million times this Christmas. That tells me that kids got their tablets. I don't think any dedicated handheld is going to do as well as in the past. As a fan it hurts to say it, but it's what I think will happen. Pokemon is huge, but it's not Angry Birds huge.

Around the Network

lol with you kain
PSV 3.6m in 2012? O.o

anyway

Wii 3.5m

WiiU 9m

PS3 10m

Xbox360 8m

NDS 2.5m

PSP 2m

3DS 16m

PSV 5.5m

kain_kusanagi said:

With all the kids this last Christmas asking for Tablets I think 12m dedicated handhelds is pretty huge considering that the big fans like myself already have their 3DS or 3DS XL in my case. Angry Birds was downloaded  something like 50 million times this Christmas. That tells me that kids got their tablets. I don't think any dedicated handheld is going to do as well as in the past. As a fan it hurts to say it, but it's what I think will happen. Pokemon is huge, but it's not Angry Birds huge.

Tablets and SmartPhones haven't affected the Handheld business as much as some people seem to think. 3DS sold pretty good in it's first year on market and it sold decent (due to having barely any big games) last year.

This year it'll sell (or it should) upwards of 14 Million units.

NintendoPie said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Tablets and SmartPhones haven't affected the Handheld business as much as some people seem to think. 3DS sold pretty good in it's first year on market and it sold decent (due to having barely any big games) last year.

This year it'll sell (or it should) upwards of 14 Million units.

Well, you're on the optimistic side and I'm on the cautious side. It will probably be somewhere inbetween. If Nintendo shows some kick ass stuff for the 3DS at E3 and its coming out this year than it could be much higher than you predict. But if Nintendo has nothing for us other than Pokemon it could do less than I estimate if kids today really are playing $0 to $1 tablet games instead.

kain_kusanagi said:

Well, you're on the optimistic side and I'm on the cautious side. It will probably be somewhere inbetween. If Nintendo shows some kick ass stuff for the 3DS at E3 and its coming out this year than it could be much higher than you predict. But if Nintendo has nothing for us other than Pokemon it could do less than I estimate if kids today really are playing $0 to $1 tablet games instead.

There is more than Pokemon coming out for the 3DS this year.

Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Castlevania, and that is just a few.

NintendoPie said:
kain_kusanagi said:

There is more than Pokemon coming out for the 3DS this year.

Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Castlevania, and that is just a few.

I have no interest in Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, or Pokemon. I do like Castelvania but with the way the series has been going I'm now a wait a see kind of guy with them.

Maybe I'm the minority. Maybe Animal Crossing sells consoles. Maybe Luigi's Mansion is just as popular as Mario 3D Land. It's possible. But I'm going by whether I and people like me would be excited for the 3DS this year. As of right now there's nothing for me. Pokemon will be big, that is certain.