By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely default petition

I would but I don't have a 3ds and I'm not sure if I'll ever get one.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Around the Network

Came in looking for a name change petition. Left disappointed.

It's going to come here anyway.

I'm pretty sure the name will be changed. If not only by dropping the sub-title.

How much does it really cost to hire 2 competent translators to work on a translation for 2 months?

Maybe 100-150k?

I don't understand why Japanese companies just don't do that and release the game on the eShop only if they are nervous about inventory/shipping/manufacturing costs for the Western markets.

Even on the low end, I think a game like Bravely Default could scoop up 100,000 downloads in sales at a budget price of $30 a pop in US/Canada/UK, that's $3 million in revenue, assuming they spent $300k on the translation, and licensing royalties to Nintendo of $500k, that's still $2.2 million in profit for S-E. 

Why not?

For some reason I thought you meant a petition against it in the title... Silly me.

Im not going to sign it though because petitions never work, but I feel like SE will bring it over regardless.

Around the Network

Signed. I really want this game. Anything other than that stupid Lightning saga.

NintendoPie said:
For some reason I thought you meant a petition against it in the title... Silly me.

Im not going to sign it though because petitions never work, but I feel like SE will bring it over regardless.

Rainfall?

I'll sign it XD

Soundwave said:

How much does it really cost to hire 2 competent translators to work on a translation for 2 months?

Maybe 100-150k?

I don't understand why Japanese companies just don't do that and release the game on the eShop only if they are nervous about inventory/shipping/manufacturing costs for the Western markets.

Even on the low end, I think a game like Bravely Default could scoop up 100,000 downloads in sales at a budget price of $30 a pop in US/Canada/UK, that's $3 million in revenue, assuming they spent $300k on the translation, and licensing royalties to Nintendo of $500k, that's still $2.2 million in profit for S-E. 

Why not?

I totally agree with that view. Namco should do the same with the tales of series if they dont trust the Vita or the Ps3 or whatever. With these digital distribution networks theres no reason for JRPG's to stay in japan only. It really annoys me that that happens. The same thing can be said to SE qith FFType-0. Why dont they just release it on the PSN for both PSP and Vita. They did it with FF3, but some of the teams they have just love to ignore theres a market outside Japan. I mean seriously... whats it come to when a Final Fantasy title stays in Japan?! What poor planning they have.

Maybe we can get xseed to localize it. It seems the most realistic.. And they're doing pretty well because of The Last Story, right?