By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "X game on Wii" treads are because of what happened to the Gamecube.

Chemical said:
Griffin said:
Most third party devs don't like Nintendo, they are known for screwing devs and being asses. They also like to screw the market, forcing stores to buy the DS and other crap they don't want if they want to sell the wii, they also force stores to buy their crap games to stock their good games.

Nintendo has proved that they don't need third party games and they can make a system sell on first party games alone, the fact that the wii is selling on Nintendo games alone proves this, plus the fact that any game with wii in front of it will sell crazy amounts.

Then why would third party developers stay away from the wii? Any game with the word wii in front of it will sell like crazy afterall. Nvm, I forgot to calculate the basic business principle of making crappy games on the wii and getting profit, and then losing it on high budget PS3 and 360 games that dont sell well enough. Dam my lack of degree in crazy economics, dam it.

I was talking about first party games, wii fit, wii play and wii sports.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
Most third party devs don't like Nintendo, they are known for screwing devs and being asses. They also like to screw the market, forcing stores to buy the DS and other crap they don't want if they want to sell the wii, they also force stores to buy their crap games to stock their good games.

Nintendo has proved that they don't need third party games and they can make a system sell on first party games alone, the fact that the wii is selling on Nintendo games alone proves this, plus the fact that any game with wii in front of it will sell crazy amounts.

SO many things wrong with this statement...

1. Exactly what market are they 'screwing', and what does that even mean?

2. Stores don't want the DS?  Only the ones who don't like money.

3. Stores get to pick ANYTHING from the Wii lineup they want.  It's the store's game to lose in that department.

4. Calling the DS crap is akin to saying the PS2 was the worst system of the last generation.  YOU may not like it, but you don't represent the market, buddy.

@ Chemical: Exactly.  They're making profit off shitty Wii games and losing cash on the other two systems.  Now, I wonder what would happen if they made GOOD games for Wii???  We'll have to see how well NMH, Monster Hunter, Fatal Frame, etc. do, but the RE games have sold EXTREMELY well, and lots of multiplat games on Wii have outsold or sold on par with the other two.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Griffin said:

2. Stores don't want the DS? Only the ones who don't like money.

3. Stores get to pick ANYTHING from the Wii lineup they want. It's the store's game to lose in that department.

4. Calling the DS crap is akin to saying the PS2 was the worst system of the last generation. YOU may not like it, but you don't represent the market, buddy.

1: They are screwing stores by forcing them to buy crap they don't want, like all those shitty DS games that no one buys. Plus some stores become so over stocked with DS's they don't sell. They did this with the GB and GBA with its systems and games.

2: As i said stores are forced to buy more then they can sell, the DS only sold out at christmas, and this was not at all stores.

3: Stores do not get to pick anything they want, nintendo likes to force their shitty games with the good ones, they have done this with all their systems. They also keep good games and better selling items from stores if they do not buy a certain amount of Nintendo crap.

4: I have a DS and it is crap for the most part.

1: They are screwing stores by forcing them to buy crap they don't want, like all those shitty DS games that no one buys. Plus some stores become so over stocked with DS's they don't sell. They did this with the GB and GBA with its systems and games.

2: As i said stores are forced to buy more then they can sell, the DS only sold out at christmas, and this was not at all stores.

3: Stores do not get to pick anything they want, nintendo likes to force their shitty games with the good ones, they have done this with all their systems. They also keep good games and better selling items from stores if they do not buy a certain amount of Nintendo crap.

Okay first off, the shitty DS games that you are referencing are mostly from 3rd party publishers that are trying to take the cheap and easy route. Plus in my area of the eastern US, DS systems are sold out everywhere, that may just be area specific but i highly doubt it.

The only part of your third statement that is true is that stores do not get to pick what they want, that is taken care of at a corporate level and is based on sales projections of titles.

And your 4th point is purely opinion and your distain shows in the rest of your post.

Griffin said:
thekitchensink said:
Griffin said:

3. Stores get to pick ANYTHING from the Wii lineup they want. It's the store's game to lose in that department.

4. Calling the DS crap is akin to saying the PS2 was the worst system of the last generation. YOU may not like it, but you don't represent the market, buddy.

1&2. so wait.... you are saying that if a system only sells out at christmas but not the rest of the year, that is overstocked? if they overstocked for the whole year they would have had excess supply for christmas, which they obviously didnt. and as far as i know the ps3 hasnt been selling out, and i dont think it did in a lot of stores at christmas so by your logic it is worse then the ds in how many stores buy compared to sales.

i could go on for hours about ^^that^^. need i remind you the is destroying every peice of compition sales-wise 

3. people DO buy crap games...

"They also keep good games and better selling items from stores if they do not buy a certain amount of Nintendo crap"...uhh.... prove it.

4. advance wars. MK. trauma centre. geometry wars. castlevania. new super mario bros. pokemon D&P. worms open warfare 2. super mario 64 ds. clubhouse games. mario & luige, partners in time. kirby canvas curse. animal crossing

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network
thanny said:
Griffin said:
thekitchensink said:
Griffin said:

1&2. so wait.... you are saying that if a system only sells out at christmas but not the rest of the year, that is overstocked? if they overstocked for the whole year they would have had excess supply for christmas, which they obviously didnt. and as far as i know the ps3 hasnt been selling out, and i dont think it did in a lot of stores at christmas so by your logic it is worse then the ds in how many stores buy compared to sales.

i could go on for hours about ^^that^^. need i remind you the is destroying every peice of compition sales-wise 

3. people DO buy crap games...

"They also keep good games and better selling items from stores if they do not buy a certain amount of Nintendo crap"...uhh.... prove it.

4. advance wars. MK. trauma centre. geometry wars. castlevania. new super mario bros. pokemon D&P. worms open warfare 2. super mario 64 ds. clubhouse games. mario & luige, partners in time. kirby canvas curse. animal crossing, Zelda, Kirby Squeak Squad, the Phoenix Wright series, Elite Beat Agents, Bleach: Blade of Fate, Metroid Prime Hunters, Nintendogs (only heartless people don't like this game), Hotel Dusk, UMK3, Mario vs. DK 2, Yu-Gi-Oh:Nightmare Troubadour, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, Dementium: The Ward, Star Fox: Assault, Bomberman Land, Brothers in Arms, Professor Layton, the new Naruto game

Couple more for ya, there

@ Griffin:

to add to what thanny said:

1. Yeah, 'cause the PS2 doesn't have 10 shitty games for every good one, right?  Oh, wait...

2. See what thanny said.

3. Ridiculous.  Why would they want to lose potential sales of the popular games?  Proof or it doesn't happen.

4. Your opinion != fact

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

So, Nintendo screws up devs and publishers by making a platform, in which only Nintendo games sell and screw them up even more by forcing retail to take 3rd parties games.

After screwing up 3rd parties, Nintendo screws up retailers by forcing them to get DS to their stock, which sells better than any other console, and then screw them up by forcing retailers take shitty games to their stock (which are 3rd party).

But how does Nintendo screw customer up? Forces us to buy the crappy games? They have to somehow screw customers.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I don't think anyone has countered this yet, but I'd like to point out that Nintendo has been eagerly trying to patch things up with third parties ever since the N64 failed.

Any third party who's still upset over the things Nintendo did during NES/SNES eras should just get the fuck over it already. Nintendo has learned their lesson, and the developers know that. Nintendo has been reaching out in more than one way (I think even going so far as to lending them employees to help with efficiency with the Wii).

Third parties aren't producing shitty games because they hate Nintendo or Nintendo is limiting them. Third parties are producing shitty games because A) They are fucking lazy and B) Everyone underestimated the Wii at the start, and had no great software in production.

Anyone who's smart about making money has already started putting effort into the Wii and we'll see those effects late 08 and early 09.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

@Shadow: Actually, Nintendo had pretty much fixed its relations between 3rd parties for GC lauch, just the bad sales drove them away.

There's also reason C to your list: 3rd parties don't know what kind of games to make for Wii. This leads for them to screw their things even more.

And to add to B: A lot of the 3rd parties haven't yet admitted their mistake for investing for the wrong platform, this is propably the biggest reason for their comments considering 3rd party sales on Nintendos platforms etc. They do have millions invested on PS3 and now it looks like they are having hard time to get even their investments back.
So far only EA, Ubisoft, Capcom and S-E (that i know of) have admitted their mistake.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.