By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "X game on Wii" treads are because of what happened to the Gamecube.

Have you naysayers all forgotten about that, or are you just angry that history isn't repeating itself?

The reason so many here want a game on the Wii is because 3rd party developers still have yet to give the Wii the respect it deserves. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

We know this. The Wii is no longer (it really never was) thought of as a "hardcore" video game system. If your an avid gamer, you probably own a Wii for the fun and social factor in addition to owning a PS3 or Xbox 360.

Third party publishers will not find a river of success by making games for the Wii. Instead, they will continue to make games for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Personally, I own a Wii and a PS3 and can tell you that the vast majority of quality titles that will come out for the Wii in 2008 will be created by Nintendo. For PS3, you will see many cross-platform games as well as exclusives from third parties.

Honestly, I may not buy another game for the Wii after Super Smash Bros Brawl. But, on the PS3 I can look forward to titles such as Killzone 2, GTA IV, Burnout Paradise, Metal Gear Solid, Haze, and Resident Evil 5.

LordTheNightKnight said:

Have you naysayers all forgotten about that, or are you just angry that history isn't repeating itself?

The reason so many here want a game on the Wii is because 3rd party developers still have yet to give the Wii the respect it deserves.

Do we really need yet another thread on this issue?

well they obviously want more games on it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

arsenalrc, this is about 3rd-party respect for Nintendo, not whether the Wii is supposedly a hardcore system, which is bs anyway.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Whether a system is hardcore or not does not depend on the system but on the games. At the moment the Wii is lacking great hardcore games but they are coming and i can't wait.

I guess some devs are still tied to the PS3/360 costs, probaly they think they need to keep making 360/PS3 games in order to take back some money, thats why I didn't expect some serious 3rd party support until late 08 -mid 09...

I guess they are in the face of realizing the true potential of the Wii, And no, I'm not talking about Graphics, I'm talking about the controls, they need to think outside the box to make a good game for the Wii, maybe the feel threatened about this...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Most third party devs don't like Nintendo, they are known for screwing devs and being asses. They also like to screw the market, forcing stores to buy the DS and other crap they don't want if they want to sell the wii, they also force stores to buy their crap games to stock their good games.

Nintendo has proved that they don't need third party games and they can make a system sell on first party games alone, the fact that the wii is selling on Nintendo games alone proves this, plus the fact that any game with wii in front of it will sell crazy amounts.

forcing stores to buy the DS and other crap
^^^

lol

Griffin said:
Most third party devs don't like Nintendo, they are known for screwing devs and being asses. They also like to screw the market, forcing stores to buy the DS and other crap they don't want if they want to sell the wii, they also force stores to buy their crap games to stock their good games.

Nintendo has proved that they don't need third party games and they can make a system sell on first party games alone, the fact that the wii is selling on Nintendo games alone proves this, plus the fact that any game with wii in front of it will sell crazy amounts.

Then why would third party developers stay away from the wii? Any game with the word wii in front of it will sell like crazy afterall. Nvm, I forgot to calculate the basic business principle of making crappy games on the wii and getting profit, and then losing it on high budget PS3 and 360 games that dont sell well enough. Dam my lack of degree in crazy economics, dam it. 

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3