By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart (22nd December 2012)

GTA 5 is chugging along nicely :)

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
enrageorange said:

bioshock infinite holding on surprisingly well despite all the delays. Really hope they manage to fix all the problems they are experiencing. It's still my most hyped for game this year, but expectations have fallen dramatically since it was first announced.

Sales wise, I'm not really expecting much more then matching the original. Though this year is relatively light on massive games. It could end up being in the top 10 saleswise for the year. Only games currently announced that will likely outsell it are GTA V. The inevitable call of duty, fifa, madden, and assassin's creed will beat it as well, but I can't think of much else.

light on massive games?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149619&page=1 

Massive saleswise, not quality which is completely objective, though I do agree there are quite a few good games coming out.

None of those games, except the ones I mentioned, will even match borderlands 2 sales. Let alone Mass Effect 3, Resident Evil 6, Halo 4, Diablo III, Assassin's Creed III, Pokemon Black/White 2, New Super Mario Bros 2, Just Dance 4, or heck even the 2012 holdover sales of Skyrim, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3d Land.

Also Battlefield 4 beta is coming out late 2013. I don't think the actual game will be coming out, though if it does that qualifies for a massive game.

bananaking21 said:
thehusbo said:
God of war and the last of us doing really well. What is a reasonable prediction for the last of us first week sales?

is USA or WW? usa im thinking about 300k, a bit less maybe

I meant ww sales for the first week. But I agree. Around 300k in America and 550-600k first week. I just hope people don't hype it up to be that big then call it a flop when it doesn't do over 1million first week.

Luigi's Mansion is outstanding! And yay for Pikmin 3!

bananaking21 said:
SunofKratos said:
God of War is beasting right now consaidering we only have seen about 6 minutes of singeplayer right now.
The Last of Us will be bigger than many expectet. Here im hoping that it can open with 1 m plus. I can see sony doing a big marketing campagne for that game.
Sly 4 is doing alright for what it is.
And Luigis Mansion 2 is also fine.

god of war isnt "beasting" but its doing pretty good. GTA doing some serious numbers considering it doesnt have a release date yet. i doubt the last of us will open with a million, im saying 500~600K if it lives up to its hype (90+ meta) 

Like SunofKratos said, God of War: Ascension IS beasting considering the franchise has Sony's biggest fan base by light-years with at least 4 million+ dedicated fans who are all fans due to the single player experiences alone in the previous God of War games, yet with nothing but multiplayer coverage since June 2012 and 6 minutes of single player footage which revealed nothing about the story the pre-orders are currently doing amazingly. When there's finally more coverage on God of War: Ascension's single player (which is the main reason millions will buy the game obviously) then pre-orders will increase massively.

I'm expecting God of War: Ascension to do about 1.80 million first week. God of War III sold about 500k more than God of War II's first week and since then the fan base and amount of PS3 owners has grown considerably, also the new multiplayer component has had an overwhelming positive reaction from Beta players and publications previews which will help people who have never considered a God of War game a day one purchase purely for the ratio of cost : content which has been increased indefinitely due to a robust and life-extending multiplayer component which will give gamers a lot more bang for their buck. I'm expecting a 400K+ increase over God of War III's 1.40 million first week (yes, everyone knows God of War III is massively undertracked).

The Last of Us definitely won't open up to 1 million first week, how many new IP's have done that? Internet hype doesn't translate into real world sales, The Last of Us might not even be a great game which would hinder sales from word of mouth greatly, I have a feeling we've already seen the best the game has to offer and the only surprises left in the game will be the boring bits that don't make it in the developer playthroughs or trailers. My first week prediction for The Last of Us would be; 350K USA, 250K EU and 50K Others for a total of 650K first week. 

I have a feeling God of War: Ascension and The Last of Us will be bundled together with the PS3 for the holidays next year, if The Last of Us does miraculously match the hype then that would be a bundle people interested in a PS3 would have a hard time resisting, it also means both games will have huge sales boosts due to bundling which would be a first for a God of War game although Naughty Dog must be used to their games being massively bundled away for free by now.

With that said, I now want to talk about Gears of War: Judgment's USA pre-orders, is it possible for its pre-orders to be so low?! It's had quite a lot of coverage and has been available for pre-order for a while now but it seems to be doing horribly every week. There isn't even going to be a beta to help entice newcomers. What are people predicting for the game's first week sales? If it's doing so poorly in the USA then imagine how poor it's doing around the rest of the world where it's always been a much smaller franchise. I'm thinking Gears of War: Judgment will do around 1.60 million (give or take 100K) first week, a fairly negligible amount less than Gears of War 2 but significantly less than Gears of War 3's huge opening. I also don't think Gears of War: Judgment will benefit much from a holidays bundle next year because I expect the Xbox 720 to launch at that time which will be the majority of Xbox gamers main focus.

Around the Network

a kiddy game top of pre order chart (sarcasm). even Luigi can sell really well considering is the brother of the most successful video game mascot of all times.

DmC continues to be a massive bomb in pre-orders.

Rafux said:

I got a feeling that the game will not do to good. Maybe if reviews are good itll help

Ni no kuni is going over my prediction! Its gettin nice reviews too! i saw a post in another thread, saying it scored 95%

oniyide said:
Rafux said:

I got a feeling that the game will not do to good. Maybe if reviews are good itll help

I've always been a casual DMC fan but that game's whole feel is just off to me.  It's not just Dante either.  The enemies, character builds, language, levels, etc. are all just not to my liking and seem very strange.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers