By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's chances of going bankrupt in the next two years

Dmick90 said:
You Sony fanboys are funny, he's only speaking the truth! Just face it, Sony is not the behemoth that it used to be! Their reign of power is coming to an end. They're losing money in the TV business, computer business, camera business, phone business, and they're still losing money in the gaming business. And what little they make on software and peripherals is peanuts and nowhere near enough to keep the company afloat. Sony music and Sony pictures are making money though, if they downsize and restructure they might decide to focus their efforts in those divisions. Samsung, LG, Apple, and others are gonna put Sony in the ground.

I'm not a Sony hater but I just call it as I see it, and right now it doesn't look good for Sony. Every company goes through cycles of good times and bad. Maybe they can weather the storm who knows.

Not what I was saying.  i just wanted to show that Sony is financially stable right now.  Now I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure Sony turned a profit last quarter so that is a good thing for Sony.   They just need to change their strategies a little bit.  And no they may not be as big of a company as they once were but i'd still peg them as one of the better companies around.

Around the Network

By the title of this thread i thought it was going to be a doom thread for sony but nope. I know they are in trouble but there are way to many sony is doomed articles/threads and it is getting annoying.

OT: well it looks like sony is getting slightly better(but not by much). It will take time for kaz to return sony back to profit and back into the green due to the fact that ken whoever screwed up. Was Ken the one that was getting cocky? i don't remember. Sony's chances of going bankrupt i would say is 20%-30% chance.

Hawkeyejonjon said:
By the title of this thread i thought it was going to be a doom thread for sony but nope. I know they are in trouble but there are way to many sony is doomed articles/threads and it is getting annoying.

OT: well it looks like sony is getting slightly better(but not by much). It will take time for kaz to return sony back to profit and back into the green due to the fact that ken whoever screwed up. Was Ken the one that was getting cocky? i don't remember. Sony's chances of going bankrupt i would say is 20%-30% chance.

No I hate doom threads.  people call doom for everything and it's annoying.  I'd prefer all of the big 3 to stay in the market.  Valve is welcome too, apple needs to stay away though lol

Next year is going to be amazing for PS3.

GG already working on PS4 engine and making another triple A game on PS3 I am sure. Their teamis 150+ so they can easily handle 2-3 projects at a time.

Also MM, SP and other devs are working on something. I also recokn GT game on PS3. They are also working on PS4.

I think they are pretty commited in staying leader in video game indusrty :)

It's hard to say really how they will do given the fact that I can't predict how the world economy is going to do nor the reception of significant new products like the PS4. Given the fact that there is a big unknown releasing in less than 12 months the PS4 I wouldn't really pay too much attention to this statistic either good or bad.

Tease.

Around the Network
Dmick90 said:
You Sony fanboys are funny, he's only speaking the truth! Just face it, Sony is not the behemoth that it used to be! Their reign of power is coming to an end. They're losing money in the TV business, computer business, camera business, phone business, and they're still losing money in the gaming business. And what little they make on software and peripherals is peanuts and nowhere near enough to keep the company afloat. Sony music and Sony pictures are making money though, if they downsize and restructure they might decide to focus their efforts in those divisions. Samsung, LG, Apple, and others are gonna put Sony in the ground.

I'm not a Sony hater but I just call it as I see it, and right now it doesn't look good for Sony. Every company goes through cycles of good times and bad. Maybe they can weather the storm who knows.

It's kinda ridiculous you lower yourself to where you are calling people fanboys.  Anyway, your points are wrong.  The only department Sony is losing a shitload of cash is their TV branch.  If I were Kaz, I would dump that branch if I couldn't turn it around within another FY.  As for the gaming branch, you are dead wrong.  They've been making a profit in that branch for the last few quarters, if memory serves me right.  It's actually starting to become one of their better branches again, while others are posting loses (though smaller ones compared to their TV loses).

JayWood2010 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:

No I hate doom threads.  people call doom for everything and it's annoying.  I'd prefer all of the big 3 to stay in the market.  Valve is welcome too, apple needs to stay away though lol

screw apple. if they entered the console market we will see them release one every year. Like you said the big 3 to stay in the market and valve is welcomed too. I find doom anything on the big 3 annoying. I swear some people want 1 of them to shut down. Why? That will be less competition. Less competition = bad for the consumer. Without competition no company would push any exclusives, none of the online services would be pushed(hope you understand what i mean), prices will stay high for a long time because they don't need to lower it, and many other consequences.

Well i am glad to see someone else on this forum that hate doom threads than me. 

Hawkeyejonjon said:
JayWood2010 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:

screw apple. if they entered the console market we will see them release one every year. Like you said the big 3 to stay in the market and valve is welcomed too. I find doom anything on the big 3 annoying. I swear some people want 1 of them to shut down. Why? That will be less competition. Less competition = bad for the consumer. Without competition no company would push any exclusives, none of the online services would be pushed(hope you understand what i mean), prices will stay high for a long time because they don't need to lower it, and many other consequences.

Well i am glad to see someone else on this forum that hate doom threads than me. 

Exactly.  I like the different strategies that Nintendo/MSFT/Sony/Valve takes.  Nintendo with their family setting, MSFT with the social online setting, Sony with the hardcore focus, and Valve with the wallet saver haha  I don't believe their is a perfect gaming system, i feel that all of them together is the perfect system.  If one of them ever fell I think the gaming industry would be really hurt from it.  I mean yeah developers would go to a new console but because each publisher has a different strategy the developers could change based on what strategy they use.  

I hope they don't, I love Sony. My grandparents had a PS2 that I played nonstop when I was younger, and the PS3 is the console that pried me away from Nintendo only gaming. Sony had a rough generation sales wise, but the PS3 is IMO the clear best console this gen. Sony really seems to be the most focused on core gamers of the big three, and I love it.

Yeah, bankruptcy imminent if they don't release PS4. How's that?