By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will VgChartz ever have a large, meaningful Xbox fanbase?

Will the Xbox community grow?

Yes over time it will get bigger 43 17.34%

No for some reason it won't 107 43.15%

The Xbox fanbase is already big enough 98 39.52%

Total:248
AmericanAli said:
i am also wondering why there are more sony fans than MS fans on this site eventhough it is a American site?

the ower isn't american

OT: MS fans don't have to be large in number to raise hell as should be known.

the majority of the fans on this site are nintendo fans, but the lot of them support Sony. Jay520 is one of vgc's most popular Sony fans, but rarely goes on record as being a nintendo fan.

it could happen in the 8th gen., but it's doubtful.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:
There seem to be enough as far as I can tell.

Who?  Sales2099 which hasn't been back since being banned.  Seece is inactive.  Selnor got banned.  The only other huge xbox fan i can think of is the guy with a BB in his logo.  I dont know his name

Im a huge xbox fan!!!!

...but Im also a huge sony and nintendo fan as well...

It's not just vgchartz, it's nearly every forum

IGN
GTAforums
Assassins creed forums
Gamespot
Gametrailers
etc...

Are all dominated by Playstation fans

pokoko said:
This is anecdotal evidence, but pretty much every forum I've been to has been dominated by Sony or Nintendo, while most of the gaming news sites I've visited have been swarmed by Microsoft fans. If this is an actual trend, then perhaps Microsoft fans are not as ... verbose in general? They prefer shorter replies with less words and more numbers in place of letters?

I also know a lot more Xbox owners who are relatively casual in that they don't play much outside of CoD or Madden, though that could be because it's the primary choice for that kind of game here in the US.

That's kind of how I feel. Before I started using VGChartz I was looking for an outlet for my gaming info. I started with Facebook, where PS has an official page with tons of fans. Immedietly I noticed that every post was bombarded with Xbox trolls. It sucked. Eventually I was curious and looked for an official Xbox facebook page...there was none, just a few fan made crappy frequented pages. I did notice there was a tenth of the trolls on them though.

Next I found the PlayStation Blog, and amazing source of PS news where you can sign in and comment and contribute to PS Share. Right about then they started the Blogcast and I noticed all of their efforts in social media. Along with facebook Sony has several Twitter accounts all managed and interactive. PS has a thriving community that is supported. It just seems to me that Xbox doesn't cater to community so people who enjoy that sort of thing don't have the outlets for it or are introduced to the concept.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

When the next Xbox dominates the PS4, then yes

I voted no BTW 

Around the Network

45% think that there are already enough Xbox fans???

Seriously, what the hell?

BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:
In 2007-2009 vgchartz have more 360 fans than PS3 or Wii fans... today I think there is more PS3 fans but the SDF lost the most valuable and fantastics members along the years.

Your joking.....

There was n3ver a time since day 1 there was more MS fans than Sony fans on this site

Either he is j0king or he mistak3nly believes it to be true. (Why are we using numbers for letters/words?)

That simply never happened.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Well it's simple really, some Sony fans think any number of Xbox fans are "enough".

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Well it's simple really, some Sony fans think any number of Xbox fans are "enough".

I am sure just as many Ninety fans feel the same toward MS fans. Damn people act like every issue is black and white, it is not. 

BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:
In 2007-2009 vgchartz have more 360 fans than PS3 or Wii fans... today I think there is more PS3 fans but the SDF lost the most valuable and fantastics members along the years.

Your joking.....

There was n3ver a time since day 1 there was more MS fans than Sony fans on this site

Niice.  Thank you for helping with my theory!  I admit I chuckled.