By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What do you think of Dr. Who's new companion?

Awesome show great job!

Now for the mystery of Oswin to unfold.

And Moffatt's Who is cheesy? Have you tried rewatching the bulk of RTD's run?

All fur coat and no knickers that was! Though I loved it at the time ( still do) it hasnt aged well. Nothing Moffatt has done has come close to the cheesiness of Doctor/Rose, "I do believe in Doctors" (s3 finale) or Kylie Stardust ( to name 3 examples off the top of my head).

Around the Network

Dr Who? Who/what is Dr Who?

Oh, you meant Doctor Who! Well, that's something else entirely!

SW-5120-1900-6153

She's super cute and I like her personality and mystery. A+

So I hear that the Great Intelligence made a comeback and was controlling some lame looking snowmen. The robotic Yeti from Patrick Troughton's tenure were much cooler. Top companion ever is Sarah Jane Smith. Everyone knows that... but for looks I would have to go with Peri or Victoria Waterfield. Leela was pretty hot too.

I wonder if anyone but thetonestarr understands a word that I just typed?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
So I hear that the Great Intelligence made a comeback and was controlling some lame looking snowmen. The robotic Yeti from Patrick Troughton's tenure were much cooler. Top companion ever is Sarah Jane Smith. Everyone knows that... but for looks I would have to go with Peri or Victoria Waterfield. Leela was pretty hot too.

I wonder if anyone but thetonestarr understands a word that I just typed?

Yes. Thanks for that. But what do you think of the new companion?

ALSO, tonestar once told me it was a random cool avatar. I do not think he is as big an expertas you think he is. Maybe Man bear.

I think that she will be great if she and the Doctor get involved in a hot a and steamy romance.  Science fiction on it's own and the Doctor using his ingenuity like this show used to do for about 30 years was so boring.  I'm more into the soap opera melodrama of Nu Who and the Doctor solving all of his problems by waving around the sonic screwdriver like a magic wand.  Matt Smith is doing his best, but yeah...

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

She provided the voice for Melia in Xenoblade, did she not?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Tried to get into the series but couldn't sit through the pilot.....

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:

Try the classic series.  There are much better stories and much worse effects.  The cheesy effects add to the charm...

amp316 said:
Chandler said:

Try the classic series.  There are much better stories and much worse effects.  The cheesy effects add to the charm...

Isn't the pilot, like, the first episode? It was super trashy, with moving mannequins and stuff.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
amp316 said:
Chandler said:

Isn't the pilot, like, the first episode? It was super trashy, with moving mannequins and stuff.

That's Nu WHo.

There was an original Doctor Who series that ran from the early 60's up until the late 80's.  It was also trashy but entertaining IMO.