By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What do you think of Dr. Who's new companion?

amp316 said:
Chandler said:
amp316 said:
Chandler said:
Tried to get into the series but couldn't sit through the pilot.....

Try the classic series.  There are much better stories and much worse effects.  The cheesy effects add to the charm...

Isn't the pilot, like, the first episode? It was super trashy, with moving mannequins and stuff.

That's Nu WHo.

There was an original Doctor Who series that ran from the early 60's up until the late 80's.  It was also trashy but entertaining IMO.

Oh, ok. I have no idea about the series, I was just zapping through lovefilm after finishing scrubs.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
 The way she will be attached to the doctor/story is going to be odd. I mean, she dies like two times in two episodes. How can you sell that as something understandable?

And it's not like the writes have been very good in that lately. They already made a mess with the previous seasons: doctor's reverse time-traveling wife for instance.

That mostly the reason why I've stopped watching the show. The overall plot had fallen apart ever since Russell T Davis left (and he's not exatcly working wonders anymore with Torchwood). The first and second seasons of Matt Smith contradicted each other, and although Matt Smith has his moments doesn't quite match David Tennant. Also the last season really didn't work for me. Also I didn't understood how the first and last episodes of the last series were so well received. Apparently the Daleks were scary again and the Amy exit was heartbreaking, but for me the Daleks became a joke and in the Amy episode they were trying to be too clever and failed; it should have ended when they jumped off the building. Plus I was really annoyed when they cut the length of the series in half, even worse than the introduction of the mid-season break.