By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 51 - Halo

Mario asking how much mafia we think there are looks like a scum tactic to pretend to be contributing. I've seen several players do this before who flipped mafia, mafia players think asking the town the amount will cause them to argue over the amount and deflect attention from them. If anyone has made a game before you know the rule of thumb in designing a game, there's no point in arguing over the amount.  

I don't like how radish is bandwagoning the time timelimit, he tried to do the same thing last game. I also agree with Nacho in radish's lie detector post, I think the wording was quite strange including the "so rare,  but I'll answer that I'm town" bit. It seems more like he was saying "rare, so I'll answer that I'm town" and re-wrote it.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

Obviously there is a 4 man recruiting cult, to make this a short game. The Flood wins!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

If we are going to do nothing, we might as well do nothing with a timelimit.
No thank you! I'm fine with putting a time limit on once we have a good suspect in mind, but if we could wait a little while before doing that, let everyone get a chance to contribute so I can get some solid reads down, I would be immensely grateful.

Stefl, my read on zero is based on his interactions with spurge, and his reaction to linkz's lie detector post. I find zero's handling of spurge unlike a scum reaction; he ends up playing around with spurge a bit, but ultimately tried to elicit a reaction from him using spurge's own tactics against him. His reaction to the lie detector post showed the paranoid thought process that I've come to expect from town zero.

I am town. Won't answer the other questions because I don't see what they add to the game, but I meant to answer this one.

tagging. should be able to post tomorrow. happy new year evy1.

Around the Network

Nothing really stands out, the usual buddying up, jokes flying around. Nothing to be gleaned here, vote for timelimit if you wish but doesn't feel like it's going to amount to anything, just prolong the day further with useless banter until the night has passed.

Vote: No lynch

Edit: bolded the vote, quickreply trolling me.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

What exactly does voting no lynch accomplish?

Nachomamma8 said:
What exactly does voting no lynch accomplish?

How does lynching someone randomly accomplish anything? Even if there are 4 scum(unlikely) that puts us at 4/13 chance of hitting one, which is not worth the risk as it stands, after the night passes we will have more info - cops, doctors etc. Lynching someone without any base info such as investigations on nothing but a hunch by their playstyles will only result in chaos, finger pointing, blame and scum winning the game. Always been my path for mafia on first days, and will continue to do so. So far its just 3 pages of mindless finger pointing, banter and baseless accussations.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

How does lynching someone randomly accomplish anything?
I'm fairly confident I never suggested that we lynch someone randomly.

Even if there are 4 scum(unlikely) that puts us at 4/13 chance of hitting one, which is not worth the risk as it stands,
Except if we no lynch, we have a 0/13 chance of hitting scum. So lynching randomly pretty a hell of a lot better than no lynching already, even if we completely ignore the fact that this isn't random lynching.

which is not worth the risk as it stands, after the night passes we will have more info - cops, doctors etc.
But what if we don't get any definitive information during the night? Then do we no lynch again?

Lynching someone without any base info such as investigations on nothing but a hunch by their playstyles will only result in chaos, finger pointing, blame and scum winning the game. Always been my path for mafia on first days, and will continue to do so. So far its just 3 pages of mindless finger pointing, banter and baseless accussations.
You call it mindless, but I see valuable information in these pages. The point of the game of mafia is not to no lynch until the cop finds scum for you, but to find a pattern in how people act when they receive PMs telling them they are bad people. The pattern isn't definite, but there is definitely a pattern there and it exists even on day 1. And that's why we play mafia. To identify the patterns and help everyone else see what we're seeing. No Lynching will never accomplish that purpose.

Happy New Years People! Unless Mantle pips me too it - Votals will come when I can access a computer, for I am currently crashed on someone's couch. This may not be for a good few hours.

I wish you all the best in 2013 and that the hangovers aren't too bad xD

Now... Sleep. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War