By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have People Forgotten About Next Year's Truly Biggest War In Gaming?

sales2099 said:
Player1x3 said:
sales2099 said:
Its because everybody knows Gears will sell more. No contest.

Finally Gears will earn the "GOW"

God of War came out before ,and it's thus ''GOW''

You strike me as someone who doesnt like change or doesnt embrace it. 

Why?

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

No contest? Looking at the preorders I wouldn't say that. Gears looks like its going to tank at the rate it's going. Obviously that won't happen but it's going to be close.

Player1x3 said:
sales2099 said:
Player1x3 said:
sales2099 said:

Why?

Because allthoughGod of War started with the GOW name, it doesnt mean thats its acroynm forever. A franchise by the same name can take it for itself if its worthy.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Player1x3 said:
sales2099 said:
Player1x3 said:
sales2099 said:

Why?

Because allthoughGod of War started with the GOW name, it doesnt mean thats its acroynm forever. A franchise by the same name can take it for itself if its worthy.

Actually it does. They were the first to use it, and it's thus theirs. If SM copyrighted the acronym GOW for their series, Epic wouldn't have been able to use that same acronym for Gears

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

xbox oweners, for the last 3 years they've had 1.2 games per year to be excited about.

ps oweners have had variety. for example i game for the most part on my ps3 and i don't really care about GOWA.

In simpler terms, of course Gears will sell more, it has no competition within the xbox.

sales2099 said:

xbox oweners, for the last 3 years they've had 1.2 games per year to be excited about.

ps oweners have had variety. for example i game for the most part on my ps3 and i don't really care about GOWA.

In simpler terms, of course Gears will sell more, it has no competition within the xbox.

But God Of War: Ascension can sell better than Judgement because it includes multiplayer. And as we all know multiplayer = more content = more bang for your buck. Thus it may sell very well, even better than GOW 3, also due to the fact that the PS3 has a much larger install base now.

sales2099 said:

You act like multiplats dont exist...

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
sales2099 said:

They exist, but don't make a huge difference in your choice of console.

Ucell said:
sales2099 said:
sales2099 said:

They exist, but don't make a huge difference in your choice of console.

at this point in the console lifecycle, neither do exclusives.