By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have People Forgotten About Next Year's Truly Biggest War In Gaming?

gergroy said:
JayWood2010 said:
Neither are apart of the main series. Judgement isn't even developed by EPIC Games. Instead it is developed by People can Fly. People including me which is a big gears fan doesn't even care about the game. It is looking pretty bad so far. On top of that just because they both have the acronym GoW doesnt mean that they are direct competitors. They are not even close to being the same. Fans make arguments out of the dumbest things. Ahhh God of War deserves the acronym, no Gears deserves it.......pfft neither does, stop being lazy and just type the game out before using the acronym

Well, people can fly is owned by epic games... So that means that epic is making judegement...

i agree im not as excited for it, but i think it has more to do with a failure on epics part to promote the game properly.  Here are the problems with judgement.

1. Its a prequel story about a couple of supporting characters.  Epic has not revealed why it is a story that needs to be told and the players dont have any anticipation for the story as it is unrelated to the main series.  

2. Epic did a bad job promoting the fact that a different development studio is in charge.  People can fly is a great developer, but an unknown one.  Epic hasnt dome a good enough job explaining that to the world.

3. No cliffy b...

Still, with those problems i see itmore as a promotional failure rather then poor game development.  Im sure the game will be great, but epic and microsoft need to step up their promotional efforts.

Yes they are owned by EPIC but that doesnt mean EPIC is making it.  That is like Saying Microsoft made gears because they publish it.  EPIC and People can Fly are two entirely different teams.  I'll still buy Judgement because I love gears but beyond that count me as not excited.  

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
gergroy said:
JayWood2010 said:
Neither are apart of the main series. Judgement isn't even developed by EPIC Games. Instead it is developed by People can Fly. People including me which is a big gears fan doesn't even care about the game. It is looking pretty bad so far. On top of that just because they both have the acronym GoW doesnt mean that they are direct competitors. They are not even close to being the same. Fans make arguments out of the dumbest things. Ahhh God of War deserves the acronym, no Gears deserves it.......pfft neither does, stop being lazy and just type the game out before using the acronym

Well, people can fly is owned by epic games... So that means that epic is making judegement...

i agree im not as excited for it, but i think it has more to do with a failure on epics part to promote the game properly.  Here are the problems with judgement.

1. Its a prequel story about a couple of supporting characters.  Epic has not revealed why it is a story that needs to be told and the players dont have any anticipation for the story as it is unrelated to the main series.  

2. Epic did a bad job promoting the fact that a different development studio is in charge.  People can fly is a great developer, but an unknown one.  Epic hasnt dome a good enough job explaining that to the world.

3. No cliffy b...

Still, with those problems i see itmore as a promotional failure rather then poor game development.  Im sure the game will be great, but epic and microsoft need to step up their promotional efforts.

Yes they are owned by EPIC but that doesnt mean EPIC is making it.  That is like Saying Microsoft made gears because they publish it.  EPIC and People can Fly are two entirely different teams.  I'll still buy Judgement because I love gears but beyond that count me as not excited.  

Two entirely different teams, but same company.  Which means that Epic is helping develop the game.  People can fly arent going to operate completely indepedent from epic.  Epic will have developers and artists helping them out.  Your microsoft analogy is poor.  Developers with multiple teams often share resources and people.  It is not the same relationship as that of a publisher.

gergroy said:
JayWood2010 said:
gergroy said:
JayWood2010 said:

3. No cliffy b...

Two entirely different teams, but same company.  Which means that Epic is helping develop the game.  People can fly arent going to operate completely indepedent from epic.  Epic will have developers and artists helping them out.  Your microsoft analogy is poor.  Developers with multiple teams often share resources and people.  It is not the same relationship as that of a publisher.

lol it may be a poor analogy haha All I know is without CliffyB, Rod Ferguson, and the original team that worked on Gears I'm nervous about this title.  

CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
Chark said:
God of War Ascension isn't doing too bad in pre orders but Gears of War Judgment is doing really bad. There is still time for both of them to gain some momentum but it looks like Gears is taking a big hit with this shoot off.

It was only recently that retailers have began taking pre-orders Gears of War: Judgment.

What do you mean by recently? I've been able to preorder Judgment for the last couple of months now.

As for the topic, while I'm excited for both GOW and GeoW (yes, they should be abbreviated differently), the new IPs (3EYOND, The Last Of Us, Outlast) are what lead my anticipation.

Where exactly?

Nsanity said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
Chark said:
God of War Ascension isn't doing too bad in pre orders but Gears of War Judgment is doing really bad. There is still time for both of them to gain some momentum but it looks like Gears is taking a big hit with this shoot off.

It was only recently that retailers have began taking pre-orders Gears of War: Judgment.

What do you mean by recently? I've been able to preorder Judgment for the last couple of months now.

As for the topic, while I'm excited for both GOW and GeoW (yes, they should be abbreviated differently), the new IPs (3EYOND, The Last Of Us, Outlast) are what lead my anticipation.

Where exactly?

Pre-orders started Nov 7th.  So, almost 2 months now.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Nsanity said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
Chark said:

Where exactly?

Pre-orders started Nov 7th.

Which was weeks not months ago.

CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
thismeintiel said:
Nsanity said:
CGI-Quality said:

Where exactly?

Um, that was nearly 2 months ago, which wasn't "just recently". The preorders are not as good as Gears 3, and they probably won't ever be. Lifetime is another matter, which I expect to be closer to Gears 3.

It was nearly 7 weeks not a couple a months ago.

New games like 'The last of us' which are pushing the current gen consoles to their very limits, in terms of graphics and play style and ideas will always have a bigger impact than new entries in a series like the GoW's.
The whole play style of GoW (gears) is kind of getting a bit dry, the cover system is nothing new, it wont have the same exciting impact as the first entry did.
GoW (god) will be releasing at a good time, when alot of games released nowadays are shooters, and an AAA hack n slash hasnt been done for a while (dont mention darksiders please)

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:

Um, that was nearly 2 months ago, which wasn't "just recently". The preorders are not as good as Gears 3, and they probably won't ever be. Lifetime is another matter, which I expect to be closer to Gears 3.

It was nearly 7 weeks not a couple a months ago.

How ever you choose to gauge it, doesn't matter. It's been up for preorder long enough for people to take notice. It's not going to open as big as Gears 3, just how things are right now.

I think these would be the main reasons why it wont sell as much as Gears Of War 3:

- Different developer 

- Prequel

- No DBNO in Versus multiplayer

- No Locust in Versus multiplayer

- No Horde Mode

Nsanity said:
thismeintiel said:
Nsanity said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:

Where exactly?

CGI was still closer to it than you, though.  That's nearly 2 months and hardly qualifies as "only recently."