By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the Wii U Kid Beat the N64 Kid?

The NES is the only system that my parents ever bought for us, I asked for consoles just about every Christmas in the 90s but had to buy them all myself.

Around the Network

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait 'til 720 and Orbis come out next year, then you'll see some excited kids. Drooling all over there newly acquired M-Rated games and all.

reminds me alot when i was a kid getting a Nintendo 64...

EdHieron said:
You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait 'til 720 and Orbis come out next year, then you'll see some excited kids. Drooling all over there newly acquired M-Rated games and all.

Yeah, my parents would never have let me have a PS3 or an Xbox 360 when I was their age. I had to wait a couple years for the Playstation in pain and my mother had my games collection under serious lock down. Ahhhh the 90's....the last years when parents actually gave a shit about what their kids looked at.

LOL @ mom. XD

I'm happy that kid can enjoy a great system!

Around the Network

My first moment like that was Sega Genesis (1st grade i think. I did scream like him and ran around the house) then the N64 (7th grade).

I bough myself Psx, Ps2, xbox 360, Ps3 ....but wasn't really that excited.

Wii-U did get me excited. My friend knew i wanted it badly. He bought it for me as a gift.

haha so that's what the title meant XP

that was cool, reminds me of gamecube days

As father, my first reaction was "Man, I'd be bit worried if my kid reacted like this"- but then when I saw him crying and that he later was actually concerned that his gift costs $349, I knew everything is more than fine with that kid. Really glad he got what he obviously wanted the most.

HoloDust said:
$349

White box costs $299.99