By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - why sony releases last of us on ps3

Dgc1808 said:
It's only 4 games and you have no idea what's in store for the PS4.

To be honest

Its more like 20 Exclusives over the whole world next year.
Sure The Last of Us,Sly,God of War and Beyond Two Souls are the big names but there are enough others that sell shitloads of units in Japan and Europe.

But i think we will see nice PS4 Exclusives pretty early.
Naughty Dog has 2 teams - 1 is working on The Last of Us and the Uncharted team is probably already thinking and working on a PS4 Game.
Guerilla Games and Santa Monica said they already do some stuff for Next Gen and some others surely too.
Gran Turismo 6 would be an insane system seller in Europe if they could bring it for the PS4 Release and if the console won't cost 600euros/$

Around the Network
bertlsenix said:

Gran Turismo 6 would be an insane system seller in Europe if they could bring it for the PS4 Release and if the console won't cost 600euros/$

There's no way GT6 will be launch window, they should release a "prologue" to it though at launch.

Well i honeytl dont expect Gran Turismo 6 to release before 2014. And i really dont think that Sony will make the same mistake again in releasing Gran Turismo 6 4-5 years after Launch of the PS4. Maybe we will see two Gran Tursimos next gen.

I also expect Uncharted 4 in 2014.

sepisfu said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sepisfu said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
don't worry buddy. think about Sonys heavy hitters from PS3. those are the games that's gong to be on PS4.

PS3 is the platform to establish an ip, and that's wht all the new games coming out in 2013 on PS3 are doing. it's like the cost to get in, and PS3 is security, or proving ground.

how about god of war they could of release that on on ps4, seriously i don't know what they wanna release with ps4 they only games that i think sony can release are Last Gaurdian and GT6( the chance of releasing gt6 is less than 50%)

also i think new ips can sell really good on new systems especially when you know a great developer is behind it ( look at resistance and motorstorms they were new ips and they sold extremelly well)

God of War AC is more like the final push to boost sells for the system. the swan song

well uncharted was released last yr. and UC is usually under a 2 yr. dev. cycle, so it could be launched with PS4, and Killzone4.

The Last Guardian will likely not be on PS4. GT6 will more then likely hit Ps4, but not for 2-3 yr.'s.

yes new ip can sell systems, and you've pointed out great examples, although those 2 franchises, tanked throughout th gen.

at the end of the day, this gen. is nearing it's close, and everything yet to be released are the swansong of th 7th gen. it's always Sony you remember at a gen.'s end, it's a marketing ploy to keeep those who aren't ready for next gen. content. and those who are ready for next gen., are able to do so.

yeah uncharted can be a launch title, we'll see but i still think last of us could be a great game for launch title hopefully sony releases at least 2 must buy game on ps4 on launch.

i do agree that the last of us would have been the perfect launch title for PS4.

Andrespetmonkey said:
bertlsenix said:

There's no way GT6 will be launch window, they should release a "prologue" to it though at launch.

yeah i agreen gt6 won't be a launch title

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Sony is not like Microsoft. They prefer their slow starts to new consoles. While Microsoft will come blazing out of the gate with the 720, the 360 will likely suffer for it. I think the 360 is pretty much dead after the 720 launches. Likewise, Sony will continue to support big games on the Ps3, but the Ps4 will struggle to sell at launch and likely down the road a bit.
It's an interesting strategy that so far, has worked more or less. They are only 1.5 million behind the 360 currently and released a year later. Weather that slow start thing works next gen is yet to be seen.

Nintendo's hardware however just sells like candy no matter the quality/quanity of the games on it. Seriously what new games have come out on the Wii in 2012? All the big releases were on the Wii U yet the Wii still sold 300+ last week!

GameCube says hi.

ahh because
-theres 70 Million ps3s and 0 ps4s
- coming out in may ps4 most likely 6 months later which is whenthe period the game will recieve most of its revenue.
- makes far more sense
- development times and cost

They're not going to abandon those 70million PS3 owners since they're hoping they eventually upgrade to a PS4.
Besides we don't know if PS4 will have backwards compatibility yet so that could be a factor.

Well so true. Backwards compatibillity will be a strong factor too. If you can play The Last of us on PS4 too than i donmt see a reason why The Last of us will not convince some poeple buying a PS4 insteadof a PS3.

Naughty Dog has two teams. Their other team is currently working on Uncharted 4 as a PS4 launch title.  Maybe not, but The Last of Us is a new IP, and while it'll sell, Uncharted is going to be a system seller.

Also. Gran Turismo 6 might actually be a launch title this time around or atleast somewhat close to a launch release. Polyphony hasn't been doing much except updates here and there on Gran Turismo 5. What else are they doing with all their free time. Probably developing Gran Turismo 6. There was that one video of Gran Turismo running in 4k resolution after all.

All of this has already been mentioned, but my opinion on it.  These games are either going to be launch titles or within the first year.