Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation shipment history. Milestones incoming. PS4 required!

Is the 2012 data point Sony's extrapolated full year number?

Around the Network

Yeah, obvious decline since the PS3. Did the PS3 destroy the playstation brand? Remains to be seen, Sony definitely has a lot on the line with PS4.

This year certainly will not be the lowest since there are still plenty of weeks to go for the ending of fiscal year 2012. but agree with the notion that if Sony doesn't release PS4, they are going to be on a tight spot.
Comparative (separate) graphs for Microsoft and Nintendo could be pretty interesting, i'm pretty certain this could be a trend for the three companies.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Milestone? according to this graph and your statement the shipments forcast for next will be an all time low in the last decade. Unless thats what you consider as an milestone.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

So, you needed all that to tell us PS2 and PS were badass system which kicked everyone's ass which PS3 is not of which we have known for 5 years now.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

thanks Kow. can't wait to see the 360 graph. the PS brand isn't weak, there are many test for it to over come, and PS3's decline is the first, but not the biggest.

i'll wait to see your 360 graph to comment further.

PS4 has to prove wht PS3 did, and that's can it compete, and gain ground.

interesting...

good job @ OP

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

wow i never would have imagined they got back to the level of 1998 especially considering hw the video game market expanded since then...

the most worrying is how the curb is in fast decline and seemingly so far from getting flat again...

psrock said:
So, you needed all that to tell us PS2 and PS were badass system which kicked everyone's ass which PS3 is not of which we have known for 5 years now.

But we get to see it with a nice blue line D=

4 ≈ One