By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BEST OVERALL EDITION (Mario Kart)

Best Mario Kart Evaaa?

Super Mario Kart 9 5.59%

Mario Kart 64 27 16.77%

Mario Kart DS 18 11.18%

Mario Kart Double Dash 40 24.84%

Mario Kart Wii 36 22.36%

Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA) 2 1.24%

Mario Kart 7 12 7.45%

hopefully MKU 17 10.56%

Total:161

What gave the best performance/most liked/ best delivery in the series?

Discuss

Around the Network

Seems to be Mario Kart 64.

Now this thread should be a good debate!!! M64, MKWii, MK7, MK DD are my top but i went with Double Dash!!!

Diddy Kong Racing.

Mario Kart 64 closely followed by Mario Kart DS, in my opinion. Those are the titles that I enjoyed playing the most.

As for features, Mario Kart Wii easily wins. Four player splitscreen with eight bots is a huge win.

Around the Network

poor Super Circuit

Boutros said:
Diddy Kong Racing.

That game is great! One of the best on the N64.

I thought DS, 7 and Wii were all great, but my favourite is still DD. Played it the most (closely followed by MKWii), very precise and rewarding over a long time. It's fast, the courses are tight, and the giant banana is a hilarious item. Plus the 2-player-mode was so much fun for my then girlfriend, she loved punching opponents off the track :)

Original, 64 and Super Circuit didn't age that well imo, their handling feels floaty and weird today. To be fair though, I didn't play MK64 when it was new, so I only know it as a retro game. Makes a big difference, I guess Mario64 isn't that much fun after Galaxy, too.

Double Dash winning? I thought it was only me that liked DD best. Blimey.

But yes, that. I spent far more hours on the multiplayer of that than 64 or Wii.

I think I liked MKWii the best. I never had a N64 in my childhood, so I couldn't enjoy 4-player splitscreen. MKWii was my first MK, I actually played DD after it but just plain sucked. MK7 is awesome, but it doesn't have splitscreen.