By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What companies are the most infamous for delays?

1) Rare (Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero etc ....)
2) Nintendo - NST and EAD (Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers Brawl)
3) 3D Realms (Duke Nukem Forever)
4) Sony Online Entertainment (Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard)
5) Climax Group (Silent Hill : Origins)

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

I was expecting Left 4 Dead to come out in February or March. Valve bought out Turtle Rock Studios, and they had to adjust to Valve Time...which means the game got delayed half a year. Sigh...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

3D Realms because of Prey and Duke Nukem Forever

Prey : 11 years
Duke Nukem Forever : infinite

Blizzard (Starcraft 2 10 years in the making, and what happened to Ghost?) and Microsoft (Vista took 7 years, still sucks)

Nintendo is the first example that comes to mind. They delay a game until it is great.
3D Realms and Duke Nukem Forever is the next one that I think of. Why are they called 3D Realms if they never made anything in full 3D?

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
3D Realms... Need I say more than "Duke Nuke'Em For(N)ever"?

Agreed - how you can anything beat a game still not out that's moved engine about a hundred times, etc?  Talk about delaying a game!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

3D realms??
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever

Silicon Knights remember Eternal Darkness was originally suposed to be a N64 game.
and Too Human has been in development for like a decade now ;)
Rareware are also known for delays, especially in the N64 days.
Retro Studios (metroid Prime 3 was delayed like a year)
Nintendo

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Ninty

Nintendo, Blizzard, and Valve. They all work under, it's done when it's done ideal, and they know you'll be there waiting cause their games are pure gamers addiction, games from other companies come and go but those from Nintendo, Blizzard, and Valve cement themselves into gaming history every time. Blizzard has to out do itself for Pete's sake. Nintendo is always crazy with its unique thinking and way of changing the face of gaming. Valve is just the best at the types of games they do period.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000