By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Greatest Home Console of All Time!

Best Nintendo Home Console?

NES 47 8.82%

SNES 193 36.21%

N64 98 18.39%

GCN 66 12.38%

WII 50 9.38%

WII U 78 14.63%

Total:532
beatles1082 said:
it's just plain silly that the nes would have the least votes considering the impact it had and the quality games

yeah I know. People seem to have forgotten that it saved the whole gaming industry, set standards that's still alive today and dominated the market with 90%!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
on a side note, i like seeing GC above the Wii, people are starting to see GC for what it was and Wii for what it was

I wouldn't put the GC even close to the Wii; most of the best GC games have superior Wii versions, and the Wii just has flat out more great games.

DanneSandin said:
beatles1082 said:
it's just plain silly that the nes would have the least votes considering the impact it had and the quality games

yeah I know. People seem to have forgotten that it saved the whole gaming industry, set standards that's still alive today and dominated the market with 90%!!

I think the issue here is that alot of these guys werent around long enough to be playing NES, but objectively you're not wrong.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
on a side note, i like seeing GC above the Wii, people are starting to see GC for what it was and Wii for what it was

I wouldn't put the GC even close to the Wii; most of the best GC games have superior Wii versions, and the Wii just has flat out more great games.

Thats what you think?? Hey thats great! Im not going to get into a debate, because @ this point my feelings about both systems are already known, but judging by the poll results so far you are def in the minority...take that how you want it.

Gamecube for me (still play it). However im hooked on WiiU, i think its superb. When Zelda,Metroid etc hit, i think it has the potential to be the best offering from Nintendo so far.

Around the Network

loved the NES, N64 and Wii.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

Thats what you think?? Hey thats great! Im not going to get into a debate, because @ this point my feelings about both systems are already known, but judging by the poll results so far you are def in the minority...take that how you want it.

I'm used to my opinions being in the minority. You're talking to a guy who thinks the Smash Bros games are rubbish. XD

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

I'm used to my opinions being in the minority. You're talking to a guy who thinks the Smash Bros games are rubbish. XD

well there you go, have fun!

I love how Wii U is beating out Wii and GC,

I would have to say Wii is their best in general. It can play all Nintendo's games (minus Wii U of course) and is their biggest home console money maker in history. I only choose it over the Wii U because it supports the GC Controller, undoubtedly the best controller ever made (IMO).

For it's time, I'd definitely go with the GC though, all of my favourite games are there, great controller, what's not to love?