By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up 15th December 2012

Mnementh said:
Shinobi-san said:
I'm pretty sure the price of the WiiU in europe and the "others" region is the main factor contributing to the low sales.

In my region (which is closely related to europe prices) the WiiU is significantly more expensive than the PS3, which in turn is more expensive than the 360 which is significantly more expensive than the Wii.

I was shocked when i saw the price of the WiiU in my country especially after i heard that the WiiU would release in the states at $299 and $349.

Wii was 249$ in the US and 249€ in europe. WiiU is 299$ and 349$ in the US and and 299€ and 349€ in europe. So why is the price a problem in Europe, but not in the US?

Sorry. I'm not from Europe so maybe i was wrong to talk about europe. Although Kemsus from Denmark seemed to agree with the price thing.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Shinobi-san said:
I'm pretty sure the price of the WiiU in europe and the "others" region is the main factor contributing to the low sales.

In my region (which is closely related to europe prices) the WiiU is significantly more expensive than the PS3, which in turn is more expensive than the 360 which is significantly more expensive than the Wii.

I was shocked when i saw the price of the WiiU in my country especially after i heard that the WiiU would release in the states at $299 and $349.

Wii was 249$ in the US and 249€ in europe. WiiU is 299$ and 349$ in the US and and 299€ and 349€ in europe. So why is the price a problem in Europe, but not in the US?

Because one euro is not $1, a euro is roughly $1.30, meaning Europeans actually pay more. 300 euros is nearly $400, which is 33% more expensive! don't you see that as a problem. VAT is included in European goods prices but we are still ripped off

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I really do not want to hurt anybody´s feelings, but the price of the Vita is no excuse! In Austria they sell it for 199€ including a memory card wich puts it in the same range than the 3DSXL! It has had a hell more releases than 3DS as well (Call of Duty, AC Liberation, SFXTekken, LBP, Uncharted, Resistance, etc...) I mean it seems like they let out all they had in nearly one year! What has 3DS? JUST Mario and Resident Evil! And the 3DS is selling much better! For PS3, ok you can argue with price tag but not here! I hate to say it but i have the feeling the vita will not even surpass the NES livetime! 45 Million is max and i am very optimistic!

forza and halo beasting

VGKing said:
Argh_College said:
SmartPhones are killing Vita.

The raise of Windows Phone wont help either, neither will the oustanding sales of Iphone 5.

Nope. 3DS is "killing" the Vita.
Smartphones aren't affecting Vita sales anymore than they are the 3DS.

I'd say it's more of the Vita killing itself.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Shinobi-san said:

Over here the Wii U isn't that much more expensive than a PS3/360. PS3 and 360 cost about the same (way too much) and Wii U costs about $50-$100 more (10-15% more...)

Over where? Just curious.

jonnybmk said:
pezus said:
Shinobi-san said:

Over here the Wii U isn't that much more expensive than a PS3/360. PS3 and 360 cost about the same (way too much) and Wii U costs about $50-$100 more (10-15% more...)

Over where? Just curious.

Pezus is a goddamm icelander!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Now that i think about it Nintendo are definitely milking the European and "other" markets.

For comparison I'll use the PSV.

The PSV costs 249USD in the states. You could probably get a bundled wifi deal at this price point.

In SA, for that same deal we pay about R2400. Which when converted to USD is ~300USD. So we pay 50USD more than what the people in the states pay, which is reasonable imo.

Now lets look at the WiiU.

The WiiU costs 299USD in the states. This is for the non bundled SKU white version.

We pay R4000 for that same deal in SA. Converted to USD is ~500 which is 200USD more than the cost in the states. I don't get it

Is this just Nintendo compensating for euro/yen exchange rate? Whereas Sony is eating the extra costs? I would understand it if that were the case. But it still sucks for the consumers.

Europe (the big markets ) is not being milked. Wii U is 299/349 including taxes here. US has to pay taxes still. I saw Wii U even for 339. There is enough stock. I could buy a 100 Wii Us if I wanted to, sad fact around here nobody shows any interest in it.  PS3s are 249 and bundled 299. People want PS3s they don't want Wii Us the price is not a deciding factor here. The "Hype" for Wii U reminds me of the Gamecube launch.  

And I understand why, No Metroid/Zelda/3D Mario insight. No or negligable advantages for multiplats. The Wiis sucess around here was because of the fitness wave and motion control. Wii U is in the eyes of alot of people (if they even know it) no upgrade at all.

I'm 1 of those 276,543 in NA that bought a 3DS last week.

I have finally done it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Jay520 said:
VGKing said:
Argh_College said:
SmartPhones are killing Vita.

The raise of Windows Phone wont help either, neither will the oustanding sales of Iphone 5.

Nope. 3DS is "killing" the Vita.
Smartphones aren't affecting Vita sales anymore than they are the 3DS.

I'd say it's more of the Vita killing itself.

Blame Sony or the game developers for not supporting it, but blaming the Vita itself? Care to elaborate?